Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

This is what you call service

Lrg55
Explorer C

The worst airline,  the year has just begun and my flights are rescheduled for a much later time due to mechanical issue.  Stop using the crop dusting planes and grow up to become a real airlines.  Missed to many appointments will begin having my sales teams and myself use another better airlines with real planes.  Your lost when pink slips are handed out.  

Bad airlines , Bad company

4 REPLIES 4

Re: This is what you call service

bec102896
Aviator A

Sorry your upset 

I think you should try to call customer relations to discuss your situation at 855-234-4654 or email them on the southwest website by clicking on the contact us link on the bottom of the homepage 

sorry if southwest let you down on your most recent trip but they won't be able to assist with complaints here.

Blake 

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

I don't know how a 737 is considered a crop duster, but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

CareforNOLA
Frequent Flyer A

@Lrg55,

getting stranded for maintenance is frustrating, but SWA's on time record is not so different from everyone else's.  The trade off of getting a 1-4% improvement is not worth incurring all those change fees.

On time performance records per Forbes

My personal favorite delay was on another airline where we were delayed because a new flight attendant accidentally deployed the landing slide when she was opening the door, so they could not leave for hours until it was replaced.  They had to fly in the slide and the mechanic to install it.  As we say in the South, bless her heart.  The airline said "Sure, if you want to move to another flight, pay the price differential and fork over $200 change fee because your flight will be leaving eventually." 

No, I like the freedom to change without penalty, but I recognize that it is not the airline for everyone.  I guess that is why there is so much discussion on these boards about free-range seating.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

The percentages are not that different for all of the airlines in the article, and each would have some mixture of weather and mechanical delays. 

Southwest's network of flying through many destinations allows them not to take a big weather hit or be as suceptible to a problem at one airport, but when big weather events hit Southwest does have a more extensive list of destinations to recover.

We'd have to get some data that showed which percentages were mechanical vs weather to get a better idea - right now a favorable weather service area could have a better on-time percentage, or flying from less  congested airports, etc.

Southwest probably had great on-time percentages flying in the literal southwest US and I'm sure it has eroded a bit through expansion to AirTran territory with East Coast airports.

Anyway, the action item at the end of my ramble: you have a limited ability to search the particular flight you are interested in to see if there is something specific to that route that causes delays. However, the flight numbers are re-assigned regularly which wipes out the easy to search for history within Southwest's website.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.