Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Travel Advisory: Winter Storm Jayden

elijahbrantley
Aviator A

Based on the forecasted weather conditions, our scheduled service to the cities listed below may be disrupted (flights may be delayed, diverted, and/or cancelled) on the following dates:

Sunday, January 27, through Monday, January 28

• Des Moines (DSM)
  • Detroit (DTW)
  • Grand Rapids (GRR)

Sunday, January 27, through Wednesday, January 30

• Buffalo/Niagara Falls (BUF)
  • Cleveland (CLE)
  • Rochester (ROC)

Tuesday, January 29, through Wednesday, January 30

• Albany (ALB)
  • Atlanta (ATL)
  • Hartford (BDL)
  • Manchester (MHT)
  • New York - LaGuardia (LGA)
  • Newark (EWR)
  • Philadelphia (PHL)
  • Pittsburgh (PIT)
  • Portland (PWM)

Sunday, January 27, through Friday, February 1

• Chicago Midway (MDW)
  • Milwaukee (MKE)
  • Minneapolis/St. Paul (MSP)

Customers who are holding reservations to/from/through the cities above on the corresponding dates may rebook in the original class of service or travel standby (within 14 days of their original date of travel between the original city-pairs and in accordance with our accommodation procedures) without paying any additional charge.

Customers who purchased their itinerary via Southwest.com or our mobile app are eligible to reschedule their travel plans online or from their mobile device.

Customers who did not purchase a ticket via Southwest.com can call 1-800-435-9792 to speak with a Customer Representative.

Customers in the U.S. scheduled to travel internationally must call 1-800-435-9792 to speak with a Customer Representative for assistance with rebooking.

If you are calling Southwest Airlines from one of our international cities, please reach us at:

Aruba: 011-297-588-2900

Bahamas: 1-855-202-3403 (English)

Bahamas: 1-855-202-3402 (Spanish)

Belize: 0-800-007-8684

Costa Rica: 0800-012-1916

Dominican Republic: 1-800-751-9039 (English)

Dominican Republic: 1-800-751-9038 (Spanish)

Grand Cayman: 1-844-670-7914 (English)

Grand Cayman: 1-844-670-7990 (Spanish)

Jamaica: 1-800-425-8130 (English)

Jamaica: 1-800-425-8089 (Spanish)

Mexico: 01-800-083-1179 (English)

Mexico: 01-800-083-1178 (Spanish)

Additionally, Customers holding reservations for a flight that is cancelled may request a refund for an unused ticket/travel itinerary.

For specific flight information, please check flight status information.

LINK

-A List, Companion Pass holder
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Travel Advisory: Winter Storm Jayden

dfwskier
Aviator A

Well, my DAL MDW flight on the 30th has been cancelled.

the website shows no availability of the routing on the 29th, 30th or 31st , which either means SW has taken all availability off line to allow rebooking, or everything has been cancelled.

Oh, and the online rebook does not work -- which likely means an hour or more on the phone waiting for reservations to pick up..

I've already e-mailed SW a love letter on the topic - mainly due to the online rebook not working.

edit add:

Nice recovery by Southwest. Got a call back less than 15 minutes after I sent my e-mail. Props to

Rebecca!

Side note: I think all MDW /DAL flights between now and Thursday have been cancelled. I expect that has happened on other routings, too. There's a pretty massive schedule increase In/out of MDW on Friday to handle cancelled passengers to/from  DAL -- and probably othe places, too.

Good luck all. It is likely to be trying

edit add #2  I just checked, and there is no significant addition o the DAL / MDW flight scedule for Friday the 1st. Not sure why I was told there was...

bec102896
Aviator A

You beat me to posting that. I unfortunately was on one of those competitor airlines stuck in de icing and changing crews for 3 hours reminded me why I try to stay away from them poor scheduled airlines. 

It was a nice 17 degrees though on my layover in Detroit. 

Blake 

dfwskier
Aviator A

I have to admit I'm not going to lament my missing being in Chicago for -21 degrees Wednesday night, but that's far from my record of -46 in Gunnison, CO during a ski strip to Crested Butte.