Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Travel Fund....Poor Customer Service

jldunk
New Arrival

You really are missing the point! You may live in Vegas- but for those who do not- there were NOT the options available that would be worth risking travel! PLUS- CDC was discouraging travel over the holidays! The point is SWA gave us 6 months to use the funds. Period! You may have a job or no family and can come and go any time- but we can not just drop everything and travel within 6 months! Bottom line is SWA has decided they are going to play hardball and could care less about their customers who can not just drop everything and travel in 6 months.

Re: Travel Fund....Poor Customer Service

Bshatc01
New Arrival

@chgoflyer 

 

Please remove the "Solved" description from the original post.  This problem is far from solved.  There are tons of people out there with the same issue (reddit, twitter, Facebook and this thread).  In my case, the 400.00 that I am out of is between four people.  So really, I have four vouchers with a 100 dollar value each.  SW applies the fee to each voucher, so really I will get exactly zero dollars back.

Re: Travel Fund....Poor Customer Service

jldunk
New Arrival

AGREE!!! It is far from solved... maybe a new thread needs to be started that this is far from solved! Thank you!

Re: Travel Fund....Poor Customer Service

chgoflyer
Top Contributor

@Bshatc01 wrote:

@chgoflyer 

 

Please remove the "Solved" description from the original post.  This problem is far from solved.  There are tons of people out there with the same issue (reddit, twitter, Facebook and this thread).  In my case, the 400.00 that I am out of is between four people.  So really, I have four vouchers with a 100 dollar value each.  SW applies the fee to each voucher, so really I will get exactly zero dollars back.


@jldunk wrote:

AGREE!!! It is far from solved... maybe a new thread needs to be started that this is far from solved! Thank you!


 

The solution provided is currently the best option available for customers in your situation. Unfortunately, Southwest isn't offering any additional accommodations. This solution is as good as it gets.

 

Keep in mind that we're all just customers here. Rather than opening multiple threads that say the same thing, consider contacting Southwest directly to make an official complaint.

 

Contact Customer Relations 

Re: Travel Fund....Poor Customer Service

chgoflyer
Top Contributor

@jldunk wrote:

You really are missing the point! You may live in Vegas- but for those who do not- there were NOT the options available that would be worth risking travel! PLUS- CDC was discouraging travel over the holidays! The point is SWA gave us 6 months to use the funds. Period! You may have a job or no family and can come and go any time- but we can not just drop everything and travel within 6 months! Bottom line is SWA has decided they are going to play hardball and could care less about their customers who can not just drop everything and travel in 6 months.


 

Sorry. I do understand your position.

 

I think the point that you're missing is that Southwest has extended your funds well past their original expiration -- the date that you agreed to when you made the initial flight purchase. Southwest didn't give you "6 months" to use the funds, you had until September 7, 2022. Then, when you chose to rebook in the middle of the pandemic, you still had a year.

 

Your funds expire significantly later than they originally did. Southwest already assisted you. You had funds that were good until September 2022, and the only reason that's no longer true is that you didn't read the text shown when you applied them to a new booking. And then you still had a year.

 

Look, I get it. I've said before that I think that Southwest should offer additional extensions as the pandemic certainly isn't over yet. There are customers who fell outside of the March 1-September 7, 2020 accommodation period who have received nothing. Literally no assistance at all. Their funds expire one year from their original purchase. This isn't right, Southwest is making a significant mistake and jettisoning years of customer goodwill in the process, and if I were in charge I'd do things very differently. But I'm not in charge of course.

 

Sorry.