Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Travel Funds Removed From Account

DoubleK
Explorer C

After more research, it turns out that Southwest refunded the travel funds that I paid for to an entirely different credit card, because it was through SWABIZ.  I originally booked the flights while with my previous employer, but have since left.  I used my credit card to book the flights, but now Southwest has refunded them to my previous employer. 

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@DoubleK wrote:

After more research,

Research you didn't do before posting about taking legal action? 

--TheMiddleSeat

DoubleK
Explorer C

Over the course of the past 5 weeks, I've called into Southwest 5 different times and sent 5 different emails.  My additional research was to try to contact them through FB Messenger.  The person who responded gave me a different number to call which led me to the SWABIZ team, which is where they notified me that the money that was collected by Southwest from my credit card in 2020 was refunded to a corporate credit card 2 1/2 years later. 

jksobonya
Aviator A

@DoubleK wrote:

The person who responded gave me a different number to call which led me to the SWABIZ team, which is where they notified me that the money that was collected by Southwest from my credit card in 2020 was refunded to a corporate credit card 2 1/2 years later. 

This doesn't make any sense at all. 

--Jessica

jksobonya
Aviator A

I don't understand how travel funds get "refunded" to a credit card in the first place.

When you purchase a refundable fare, and you cancel the flight, do you get a choice at that time to have the money refunded to your credit card or get travel funds? Or do you get travel funds and you have to call/contact Southwest to get a refund? And if you do get travel funds and never use them and they expire, do you then get a refund? Is that what happened here? 

--Jessica