Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Travel Funds extension

tmacugay530
Explorer C

Hi,

I booked a flight between March 1, 2020 and September 7, 2020 during COVID and had to cancel due to COVID. I used the credit to book a flight Jan 2022 to Vegas to see Adel but had to cancel because she cancelled her show due to COVID. Not the expiration date says Feb 2, 2022 instead of September 7, 2022. People I have talked to is not making sense and they are giving me the run around. I'm not asking for money back, I would just like an extension to the appropriate date. My family and I always pay extra for Southwest because of the customer service but now I'm not getting anything. It does not seem fair to pay $100 to get a credit back when that was the money I paid for the flight. 

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Travel Funds extension

N82EZ
Adventurer B

The credit is good for one year from the date of purchase and not the date of the flight(s). IDK what extensions you got on your original purchase as they did offer some deferments.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

When using a travel fund that was extended out to September 7, 2022 any travel funds created later on expire one year from the purchase date when you used the travel fund expiring September 7, 2022.

When did you use the travel fund to purchase the Vegas flight you cancelled?

Here's the wording that was originally posted on southwest.com:

update.png

--TheMiddleSeat

tsclark66
Explorer C

I booked a flight in January of 2022 and used $21.00 of travel funds from previous travel.  I just went to rebook the flight and ALL my travel funds (127.00) are GONE.  SW says if you use travel funds for ANY part of a purchase and they expire, you lose everything.  Thanks SW.  I was using that flight to go to MD Anderson.  I hope your $127.00 profit is worth it.  SO SO SAD 

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@tsclark66 Your situation is very different and I provided an explanation in your original post

https://community.southwest.com/t5/Travel-Policies/cancelled-travel-travel-funds/m-p/135792/highligh...

--TheMiddleSeat