Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Travel Funds- kids

SWAStans18
Explorer C

I booked a trip for my family of four- husband and two kids.  I have since changed our flights and earned travel credits for the price difference.  When I go to book another family trip before the credits expire, will I be able to apply the credits under the kids' names? Right now I only see the travel funds for myself (RR) when I'm logged into my account, my husband (RR) can see his credit under his account and one of our kids (no RR), and the other kid (no RR) only shows up when I search the confirmation number.   

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Travel Funds- kids

dfwskier
Aviator A
Solution

Yes, your kids will be able to use their own travel funds.  Same as any other time, you just

input confirmation number and passenger names to access them.

Why not get them Rapid Rewards accounts ?

1) So they can earn RR points

2) So you don't have to search by confirmation number to find the funds

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@dfwskier wrote:

+1

Everyone should get a Rapid Rewards account.

--TheMiddleSeat

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@TheMiddleSeat wrote:

@dfwskier wrote:

+1

Everyone should get a Rapid Rewards account.

--TheMiddleSeat

My kiddos need this to manage the volume, also one of them is the companion so make me +2 on this.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A
Solution

Also, since it's new, it's worth mentioning the Wanna Get Away Plus fare would allow you to transfer any residual travel funds from your kids to you if desired so that might be handy in the future.

--TheMiddleSeat

SWAStans18
Explorer C

Thank you @dfwskier , @TheMiddleSeat , and @DancingDavidE for the responses! I truly appreciate your time in responding.  It didn't even cross my mind to establish RR accounts for my kids, but now seeing they can earn RR points it makes sense to create accounts.  Again, thank you!

dfwskier
Aviator A

@SWAStans18 wrote:

Thank you @dfwskier , @TheMiddleSeat , and @DancingDavidE for the responses! I truly appreciate your time in responding.  It didn't even cross my mind to establish RR accounts for my kids, but now seeing they can earn RR points it makes sense to create accounts.  Again, thank you!

Since points never expire, they'll keep accumulating until there are enough points for a trip - even if that takes 10-15 years.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A
Solution

@SWAStans18 wrote:

I booked a trip for my family of four- husband and two kids.  I have since changed our flights and earned travel credits for the price difference.  When I go to book another family trip before the credits expire, will I be able to apply the credits under the kids' names? Right now I only see the travel funds for myself (RR) when I'm logged into my account, my husband (RR) can see his credit under his account and one of our kids (no RR), and the other kid (no RR) only shows up when I search the confirmation number.   

But to clarify @dfwskier 's answer - the funds are there the same as usual, but they won't show under your account since they aren't in your name, that's the recommendation to get them their own accounts for ease of use. Southwest doesn't have a "master" account like that to see theirs as a subset of yours.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.