Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Travel Funds

bbgaley
Explorer C

I purchased 3 tickets in May 2017.  The prices went down $166/ticket and I received over $500 in travel funds that have to be used my May 2018.  When I received these funds I told them that we would not be travelling until June or July 2018.  The Representative told me that she would note my account and that I should contact Southwest in 2018 to extend the date.  She NEVER mentioned that I would have ANY problems doing this (including fees and restrictions).  I called several times and asked the Representative the same questions and I received the same answers-no problems.  They ALL told me that they would document my account so that I WOULD NOT HAVE ANY PROBLEMS!  Now I am being told a different story.  I don't understand whyt I can't make the reservation before May 30, 2018 and use the tickets in June, 2018.  It would not even be a month after they expire.  What can be done?  We have travelled with Southwest several times and have never had airline problems.  Now it appears that we will have ticket problems.  What can be done?  I have asked for a Manager to call me or email me several times.  This is the WORST Customer Service I have ever seen!

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Travel Funds

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

bbgaley
Explorer C

This is NOT a duplicate post.  I have added/changed a few things.  I am not RECEIVING any followup from a Manager, like I requested through the website contact page.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

You will not receive a response from Southwest on this forum.

chgoflyer
Aviator A

This isn't a Southwest customer service channel -- it's a customer-to-customer info sharing platform. Your best bet for a reply from Southwest would be to contact Customer Relations directly.

As I mentioned in your other post, what you were told (or -- more likely, what you thought you heard) doesn't change Southwest policy.

You can't make the reservation before expiration and travel after expiration because, as the travel funds email confirmation states, all travel must be completed prior to expiration.

As I mentioned in your other post, what "can be done" is for you to request the reissue of travel funds as a voucher, minus a $100 fee per ticket. Good luck.