Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Travel Funds

KJ28
Explorer C

I used my CC to purchase a RT tix for my son. He can no longer travel due to a work/school schedule change and I need to cancel his trip. If I cancel his trip can the funds be credited back to my CC (minus any fees) or at least credited to my RR account? As I understand it, travel funds may only be used for booking travel for original traveler and they man NOT be transferred. 

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Travel Funds

chgoflyer
Aviator A

Assuming you bought a non-refundable ticket (Wanna Get Away) then you answered your own question: As I understand it, travel funds may only be used for booking travel for original traveler and they man NOT be transferred.  😉

In order to get a refund back to a credit card, you'd need to have bought a refundable ticket.

KJ28
Explorer C

Right but I used MY CC and I am asking if the travel funds can be applied to MY NAME vice my son's. Understand?

franktravel
Aviator B

If the ticket was in your sons name and you canceled it,  he is the only one who can use the credit for a future flight. 

chgoflyer
Aviator A

Wanna Get Away tickets are non-refundable and non-transferrable.

MizMolly
Explorer C

This is sad. I bought a ticket with MY Credit card for my sister. She cannot use it now. I don't want a refund, but since I paid for it, I should be able to use the ticket in my name or give it to someone else. I PAID FOR IT.

franktravel
Aviator B

Nonrefundable Tickets. 

General. The fare paid for unused travel by Passengers who purchase restricted, nonrefundable Tickets are not eligible for refunds, except as provided in this Section and Section 9b. Taxes, security fees, and Passenger Facility Charges associated with a nonrefundable fare are also not eligible for refund except as required by applicable regulations.

Travel Credit. Unless otherwise stated by Carrier, the fare paid for unused nonrefundable Tickets, including taxes, security fees, and Passenger Facility Charges, may be applied toward the purchase of future travel on Carrier for the originally ticketed Passenger only. The new Ticket may be more or less expensive or subject to different terms, conditions, or restrictions from the original Ticket. If the fare is lower, travel credit will be issued for the difference. No cash refund or credit card adjustments will be made for nonrefundable Tickets.