Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Travel Voucher

Mika0416
Explorer C

Our family of 16 traveled to Orlando in August of last year. When we arrived at the airport, we were told there was a 4 hr delay. We were all offered $100.00 vouchers to be used at a later date. We were traveling with a group travel fare. So, this year we planned a family trip(12 of us) to Vegas and planned on using our $100.00 vouchers. Lo and behold, when we went to use the vouchers, we were told that you can't use the vouchers on group travel! This is not indicated ANYWHERE on the voucher. When I questioned that, I was told it was on the website. What happens if you don't own a computer? I feel that Southwest did not compensate us at all for the inconvience of losing 4 hours.We had to change the rental car pick-up time, we rented a home and had to change the time we'd be in Orlando, and all this while traveling with 5 children(one of them only 1yr!). I contacted a lawyer, but they said to fight it, would cost me more. I think it's a shame that we are just out! Southwest you should do a better job of compensating your customers

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Travel Voucher

chgoflyer
Aviator A

If you book the new flights without using Group Travel, you can use the vouchers.

Mika0416
Explorer C

But the price is higher, even using the voucher!

chgoflyer
Aviator A

The Group Travel discount is more than $100 per person?