Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Travel fund credits expiring during shelter-in-place. Change your policy Southwest!

darcolino
Explorer C

You need to address your travel fund policy due to COVID-19. I booked a trip to move my daughter home from college and used part of the funds I had from a previous credit. Now that college is online only, I cancelled the trip and now the entirety of my purchase expires soon. We are in shelter-in-place. How the heck are we supposed to use those credits. They will all expire. My son has credits that have to be used by April 8th as well and will expire. Please extend the time we have to use these and stop taking advantage of your loyal customers at a time in need!

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Travel fund credits expiring during shelter-in-place. Change your policy Southwest!

elijahbrantley
Aviator A

@darcolino SW announced yesterday some adjustments to help folks in your situation.  See the details here:

In recognition of the current travel environment, we are extending the expiration date of some travel funds:

• Customers’ funds that have expired or will expire between March 1-May 31, 2020, will now expire June 30, 2021

• Any newly created travel fund because of a flight cancellation between March 1-May 31, 2020, will have an expiration date of June 30, 2021
-A List, Companion Pass holder

Re: Travel fund credits expiring during shelter-in-place. Change your policy Southwest!

dfwskier
Aviator A

I guess you are unaware of the fact that SW changed it's policy yesterday. NO OTHER airline is doing as much as SW is.

• Customers’ funds that have expired or will expire between March 1-May 31, 2020, will now expire June 30, 2021

• Any newly created travel fund because of a flight cancellation between March 1-May 31, 2020, will have an expiration date of June 30, 2021

bec102896
Aviator A