Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Travel fund frustration

secondmac
Explorer C

If they can store and save my credit card information for me to use at a later date, when I don't have enough points, which is very easy to find, they can surely store and display my remaining travel funds. Its easy enough to understand that the my points don't gain interest when sitting idle in the coffers of SWA, but my travel funds, do indeed accrue interest along with probably millions of other dollars that SWA makes so difficult for its customers to find, track and manage.

Thanks a lot SWA!

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Travel fund frustration

dfwskier
Aviator A

You do have a choice: either keep track of your Southwest travel funds and be able to use every dollar in them        .or.

Fly American, United, Delta et. all and they'll gladlykeep track of your funds for you AND CHARGE YOU $200 - $250 or more per itinerary  for the service.

And your choice is ???

There will be a cost to the airline to develop and implement a tracking system. So far the airline has ben unwilling to incur that cost. To me it's a pretty good trade off to keep track of my own travel funds so I don't have to waste money on change fees.

secondmac
Explorer C

Clearly you don’t read to comprehend. No where in my question were those other airlines mentioned. I was asking about Southwest and Southwest only.

If  I wanted to use those other airlines, I would. 

So your advice is what? Your poorly worded response is if no help to anyone but your ego and anonymity.

This Community is clearly for trolls and of no help at all, so I’ll leave you all to it.

chgoflyer
Aviator A

@secondmac wrote:

Clearly you don’t read to comprehend. No where in my question were those other airlines mentioned. I was asking about Southwest and Southwest only.

So your advice is what? Your poorly worded response is if no help to anyone but your ego and anonymity.

This Community is clearly for trolls and of no help at all, so I’ll leave you all to it.

This is a community of Southwest customers helping other Southwest customers. If the attitude you present above is how you interact with others online, I do believe you'll be happier elsewhere. Have a great day.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@secondmac wrote:

You didn't really ask a question, you vented a little about an upgrade that you'd like the airline to make and for which no one here knows if they will or won't eventually do that - seems like they don't want to though, as you stated they could add this if it was a priority.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.