Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Travel funds for another person

mattayy
Explorer C

Hello,

My mom was supposed to come visit me but she broke her foot a couple days before and is not able to make it down. I was wondering if there have been any exceptions for travel funds in regards to using them for another person? She can absolutely get a doctor's note - it would be very helpful if I could use her travel funds to come up and take care of her. 

Thoughts? 

Thank you!

1 REPLY 1

Re: Travel funds for another person

chgoflyer
Aviator A
Solution

@mattayy wrote:

Hello,

My mom was supposed to come visit me but she broke her foot a couple days before and is not able to make it down. I was wondering if there have been any exceptions for travel funds in regards to using them for another person? She can absolutely get a doctor's note - it would be very helpful if I could use her travel funds to come up and take care of her. 

Thoughts? 

Thank you!

Travel Funds are limited in use to the original passenger only. But, it may be worth reaching out to Customer Relations, as given the circumstances they may be able to issue a refund of your mom's fare. (If granted, this would be a one-time exception to policy.) I'd recommend contacting them via Twitter or the Chat function in the Southwest app. Good luck!