Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Travel funds hassle

Fedup
Explorer C

So, we had a trip planned for August of 2021 and had to cancel due to COVID.  We rescheduled the trip for this August and we’re told by SW then to call the day after our travel funds expire to request an extension.  I put an alert in my calendar and did exactly that.  I was told when I called that all was taken care of and to expect to hear within 30 days, but that it wouldn’t likely be that long.  I chatted weekly with SW to check on it and was told it was processing and that I should hear soon.  This week, which is 4 weeks after the initial phone call, I was told that the original agent did not submit my request properly and that it wasn’t put in correctly until last week.  Then I was told I have to wait 30 days from that date.  I have to finalize my travel plans tomorrow and just want to use the money I have already paid.  Literally no one I have spoken to or chatted with seems to be able to help.  Anyone have experience with dealing with this?  I cannot believe the hassle this has caused us.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Travel funds hassle

dfwskier
Aviator A

Sorry to hear that. 

I'd suggest you contact the airline via one of the methods listed in "contact us" below

Re: Travel funds hassle

Fedup
Explorer C

I have.  Multiple times.  No one seems to have any authority to help in this matter. 😔