Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Travel funds search

RonWohl
Explorer C

My one criticsm of Southwest is that it makes searching for travel funds that have been banked because of change plans or receiving an LUV voucher or other reasons so hard to do unless you know information which is likely to slip your mind. Not being able to quickly find your unused travel funds is a good thing for the airline--if you don't know your confirmation number you can't access your funds and therefore the airline gets a bonus and you lose out on their usage. It is not a good thing for the customer. It would be extremely for the unused travel funds and LUV vouchers, etc, to be identified with the customers' rapid rewards number. This is such an easy solution that not using this system-wide id number makes me think that using just the confirmation number is a subterfuge to prevent you from finding and using your travel funds.

What do others think? Why can't the airline adopt this identification number for these funds?

12 REPLIES 12

Re: Travel funds search

bec102896
Aviator A

I have been waiting for southwest to add a travel wallet or travel bank as well it's much easier that way all funds are in one place so that all you would have to do is click on the funds or vouchers up to 3. 

I did talk to someone at customer customer relations who said she wishes that it existed as well and that they are looking in to it so no promises and no time frame. 

I hope they will take my feedback as well as others and add something like this as delta and united both have it. 

You could always send in an email to customer relations on the website with the feedback so that way they can see that more people want a travel wallet or bank. 

Thanks

Blake 

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager

Hi @RonWohl,

We really do want you to use your travel funds! 

A trick I use is to add an appointment to my Google Calendar with my Southwest Airlines confirmation number in it for the day I travel. That way, it's really easy to search, and I won't lose it. 

If anyone else has good tips for keeping up with your funds, please share. 

yowells83
Explorer C

Hi Lindsey,

that is a great trick and I will try it in the future.  However,  how to do I find my confirmation number on a flight I cancelled on 01DEC16 that I didn't save to google calander?

thanks, Ray

franktravel
Aviator B

Hi 

Here are a few things you can try.  Do a search of  your email.  In the search box type Southwest Airlines. or check your credit card statement.  The conformation number should be listed as a Southwest charge. You can also call Southwest Customer Service and with your credit card information they can tell you if you have a credit and they will give you the conformation number. 

Good luck!

yowells83
Explorer C

Thanks franktravel,

I looked through my emails, I do to good a job of keeping them cleaned up... 

I emailed CS and they responded with the needed info, amount on credit and confirmation number.

If SW want's to tie up CS that way, on them I guess??

safe travels all  🙂

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager

Hi @yowells83,

Have you searched through your emails? That would be the easiest way. We include your confirmation number in the email we send you after you've booked your flight. If that doesn't work, you can contact our Customer Relations Department and they can do a search for you if you can provide some basic info about the reservation (date, city pair, etc). 

Customer Relations can be reached at 1-855-234-4654.

kenpere
Explorer C

Why should Southwest solve the travel funds problem with tricks, when it can easily add a function to the website that lists the available banked funds just like you list my reservations under 'My Trips'.  You could call it 'My Funds'.

This function is neccesary and long needed.  I would like to hear others ask for this and let Southwest know that they need to do this.  SWA is a great airline - this would be a great addition to the website and will increase productivity with less calls to SWA.

Thanks, Ken Pereira

chgoflyer
Aviator A

That's a great suggestion, that has been made many, many times for many, many years now. It's unlike to happen because Southwest profits on unused travel funds. Greater utilization of travel funds negatively affects their bottom line.

2sweetbj
Explorer C

So Southwest.com had a system gliche which caused me not to be able to access my unusued travel funds in the amount $28.01.  I have spoken to SEVERAL representatives and the only answer I get is that I have to wait approximately 30 days to receive an email voucher from customer relations.  This is really not fair to the travel because it was SOUTHWEST'S who goofed and now I have to suffer because of there goof up.  I'm trying to travel now and can't use my OWN money.  It's being held by SOUTHWEST!!!!  And when I call customer relations there is hold time of 26 or more minutes.....THIS ABSOLUTELY SUCKS!  I need to rethink who I travel with these days. Sure I get to bring on two bags for free but heck....now it seems like I'm paying for them because my travel funds have not been given back to me....not to mention the travel funds that I had to forfeit because I was traveling 1 day after the expiration!!!!