Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Travel funds search

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager

I'm sorry to learn that you had some trouble applying your travel funds @2sweetbj. We make an effort to let Customers know exactly how long they've got to use their funds by putting the expiration date in the confirmation email, and in any subsequent emails we send as a result of a change to a reservation.

YaleMichMom
Explorer C

2Sweetbj: Wow. You really don't get it do you? Clearly you DON'T need to rethink with whom you travel with these days, because if you truly traveled often, you wouldn't be complaining about a petty issue and a small amount of change--$28.01 down to the penny (You'll spend more than that on lunch at the airport.) because you would already know no other airline would ever offer you as much. Southwest Air is the most generous airline, yet you complain? Go ahead and find another airline that is as flexible, offers 2 FREE checked bags, free carry-ons, has open seating, has an easy-to-navigate website where you easily see what is available to book and can package your own best "round trip" flights, easily allows customers to watch fares and get credits by rebooking, is fun and friendly during a flight, and whose cocktail napkins make you smile as much as theirs do.  Regardless of "there" (their) systems "gliche" (glitch), they are not holding your "OWN" money. Even if it was their fault, they make the rules, and I consider them more than fair to the customer. They are generously offering you a credit of the price difference (think of it as a "coupon") for a future flight to compensate you because you decided to change your flight for whatever reason and the price was lower than what you originally paid. No one is holding your cash. They are just being NICE to offer a credit without even asking you to pay a change fee like most other airlines (+$200 per ticket). As far as your traveling one day after the expiration date--why didn't you travel the day prior or even earlier? They gave you a YEAR and they fly 365 days a year! That's more than fair. So sick of greedy people.   

mstemm
Explorer C

I need a way to search for unused travel funds also. I know I have lost funds becauseof a misplaced e-mail in the past. It is very frustrating.