Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Travel funds that were not covered by SW pandemic extension.

49erhuny
Explorer C

I along with what appears a to be a lot of Southwest customers are caught in this pandemic bugaboo. I purchased 5 tickets June 2020 to fly September 2020. Cancelled late September 2020.  Funds now expiring June 2020. 

Here’s what happened. 

SW sent an email April 2020 indicating that any available travel funds that were available on September 7th 2020, would be extended for an additional 12 months.  

So the dilemma for many of us, is that we didn’t cancel soon enough and thus we’re having our funds expiring right now, even if we are still uncomfortable with traveling. 

SW should do the right thing and honor those who have fallen into this crack. I believe SW had an obligation to notify anyone who purchased a ticket between April 2020and September 7th 2020, that they could get an extension on their travel funds if they cancelled before September 2020, they could get this extension. From all of the emails that I have from Southwest up until now, the only mention is that one email. I could not find a reference again. Soon some cases, if you were on their email list, you would NEVER have know. 

ithink SW should do the right thing and honor the extension for these customers. SW says that after 50 years of service, they continue to differentiate itself from other air carriers with exemplary Customer service. So help us out here Southwest and take care of this bizarre loophole in the system. 

1 REPLY 1

Re: Travel funds that were not covered by SW pandemic extension.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A