Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Travel nightmare last night

seasdad
Explorer C

Ok so southwest is my go to airline. I have two more trips to take in next few weeks. I was on flight 1932 out of chicago mdw last night. We were delayed repeatedly and lied to numerous times. Crew time out mechanical issues finally it was we were waiting on " 3 hadicapped wheelchair connecting passengers from buffalo" we were told they were landing when in actuality they were 21 mins out by flight tracker. We were told we would still land in bham by 10pm. We didnt land till almost 1am. We were in fact waiting on a crew. No handicapped people got on the flight. The crew changed over left us with a new flight attendent that had an attitude problem but the crew leaving created the problem by lying to everyone for hours especailly about the handicap passengers. A woman was upset she was a problem as well. Her son stood up at one point told new flight attendent to get out of his mothers face. Next we all have to deplane for his removal with law enforcement involved. I think they had to remove these people but none of this probably happens if we were told a 2 hour delay and were left at the gate to eat etc. I travel a fair amount i understand the need to get crew to destinations for early am flights. My problem is you should have just said that . I will not travel on american or usair after being lied to. Delta and southwest have never lied to me up to last night. You are my airline of choice but you have abandonded birmingham once you got atlanta gates now it seems you have joined the ranks of american and usair by simply lying to us your customers. I would like some response before i book my next 2 trips or i will simply book on delta. My email address is seasdad@att.net

1 REPLY 1

Re: Travel nightmare last night

bec102896
Aviator A

Hello 

sorry for the flight problems you had last night.

the best way to reach southwest directly to discuss your experience is to call customer relations at 855-234-4654 or you can send southwest a message on Twitter and they will be able to look in to your flight and look in to possible compensation but they won't be able to issue compensation on this website with that being said for your own privacy would you please edit your post to remove your email address.

hope your next flight is smoother 

Blake