Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Travel reimbursement 12/24/22--01/01/23

butters_jr_yolo
Explorer C

I was stuck at BNA 12/24/22-01/01/23 with no bags because of the staff. I went 15 days with my luggage an received it soaking wet. I was at the only Hotel I could find staying 8 days getting Uber back and forth to Airport getting few clothing items personal hygiene food I spent $2100 an I'm disabled veteran that can't work so everything I receive from VA goes to all bills. An I'm currently on verge of losing everything. I submitted all invoices the 31st of Dec when will I hear back from anyone 

10 REPLIES 10

Re: Travel reimbursement 12/24/22--01/01/23

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

I haven't seen any exact timelines, but I did receive an email confirming that Southwest is still working on my reimbursement claim. Hopefully we both hear something soon.

--TheMiddleSeat

butters_jr_yolo
Explorer C

Yes I've received it as well. There has to be some type of system so we can have time line. I know there was crap ton of ppl who have submitted for reimbursement. But Southwest @ BNA Mangers Brian and Shawn as well 3 others stated that the reimbursements are about 4 month turn around. That's outrageous 

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@butters_jr_yolo wrote:

But Southwest @ BNA Mangers Brian and Shawn as well 3 others stated that the reimbursements are about 4 month turn around. That's outrageous 

I guarantee you no frontline employee knows how long it's going to take and anything you have heard is a wild guess. That's exactly how incorrect rumors start. 

--TheMiddleSeat

butters_jr_yolo
Explorer C

I get that but when ur legitimately talking to the ones who run Southwest BNA I'm not sure how that is a rumor? Now if I was to say I heard someone say they heard ppl talking etc etc then ya I'm tracking that it's a rumor... I was stating creditable Intel from Ones who run Southwest BNA!

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

BNA is a long way from Dallas HQ. Believe what you want, but I surely wouldn't believe anything heard from staff at an airport. 

--TheMiddleSeat

butters_jr_yolo
Explorer C

Again didn't say I believed them l. I was just stating what I was actually told, that is all. 

floridaguy
Aviator C

Very unfortunate.  I am truly sorry for your situation.

You can try calling the executive office or investor relations and ask that they move your reimbursement up in the chain.  

butters_jr_yolo
Explorer C

would u happen to have contact info or now were i can get it

floridaguy
Aviator C