Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Traveling to Cancun on Saturday

Tami3
Explorer C

I'm so excited for my upcoming trip and I have just a couple of questions that I am hoping to get answers to. The first one, I believe that in addition to your one carry on that I can bring my CPAP machine. I don't need it to walk and etc., just at night and was wondering if that is an exception to the one carry on. Secondly, in the past because they under 3 oz., are you still allowed to have an airline bottle of alcohol to mix with a juice on the plan. I get nervous flying and like to have a drink to take the edge off while flying.

Thanks in advance for any help.

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Traveling to Cancun on Saturday

gsking
Aviator C

You can carry alcohol past TSA in small bottles.   The flight attendants won't allow you to drink it on the plane if they see it. 

I'm sure you can figure something out. 

jksobonya
Aviator A

@Tami3 wrote:

Secondly, in the past because they under 3 oz., are you still allowed to have an airline bottle of alcohol to mix with a juice on the plan. I get nervous flying and like to have a drink to take the edge off while flying.

I used to do this myself, not because of nervousness but because I wanted a drink to relax, but I found out that you are not actually allowed to drink your own alcohol on board. You have to buy it on the plane (which they are currently not serving).

--Jessica

dfwskier
Aviator A

@Tami3 wrote:

, I believe that in addition to your one carry on that I can bring my CPAP machine. I don't need it to walk and etc., just at night and was wondering if that is an exception to the one carry on. S 

Actually, you are allowed 2 carry ons: One that fits in the overhead compartment, and a second smaller one that fits under the seat in front of you.

chgoflyer
Aviator A

As long as it's a separate carry-on, in it's own case and not part of any other bag, your CPAP doesn't count towards any carry-on limit, as it's a medically necessary device. On Southwest you're allowed 2 carry-ons (one under the seat in front of you, one above) plus your CPAP.

Be aware that you may be asked by TSA to remove the CPAP from it's case to be screened separately.

Here's a great reference.

Tami3
Explorer C

Thank you everyone! Great information!