ive already booked a flite but i need a wheel chair

Re: Traveling with limited mobility

carolshaw
Explorer C

i too have a flight tomorrow & will need a chair

miles_suzanne1
Explorer C

I need a wheelchair at the airport in Atlanta due to nerve pain in right foot.  I do not need it on the plane.  I also need an aisle seat.  

Thank you so much,

Ms. Suzanne Miles

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager

Hi @miles_suzanne1,

Make sure you let a Customer Service Agent know that you need wheelchair assistance when you check in at the airport! Also, if you need to be accommodated by sitting in a particular seat, you can request a Pre-Boarding Pass at the gate. That will give you a little extra time to get on the plane and get comfortable. 

careyleu
Explorer C

Luck in Atlanta with curb side service.  The airport is under construction and I am told I have to go to the service desk that is on the other side of the terminal to get a wheelchair.  I asked about a number to call when I got there and was told they would not give me one.  Hope you have better luck.

Carey

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@careyleu wrote:

Luck in Atlanta with curb side service.  The airport is under construction and I am told I have to go to the service desk that is on the other side of the terminal to get a wheelchair.  I asked about a number to call when I got there and was told they would not give me one.  Hope you have better luck.

Carey

@Reach out to @SouthwestAir on twitter about the wheelchair if you use that social media platform.

Can't help with the curbside issue, I haven't been to Atlanta for a little while.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

carolynwells
Explorer C

I have a flight tomorrow from FFL to BWI and need a wheelchair at both airports.

franktravel
Aviator B

This is a customer to customer community.  To make this request you can visit https://tinyurl.com/y8fxqmm6 and make that request or call SWA 1-800-435-9792

Susie-Q-22
Explorer C

I have had bilateral knee replacement surgery and can walk but not very far. I will need a wheelchair to get to the ticket counter and to the gate. I would like to reserve it so it is available and I won't have to stand very long. I have tried calling the Southwest Airlines phone number many times but keep getting very long holds. The website does not indicate how to reserve a wheelchair. I emailed Southwest via a webpage? but received an automated response that an answer could take 30 days. I will be done with my trip and home long before 30 days. Any suggestions

franktravel
Aviator B

Assistance in the Airport and with Boarding

"Upon arrival at the airport, please inform a Southwest Airlines Agent or Skycap at your first point of contact, either at the Skycap podium or the ticket counter, if you need an airport wheelchair and/or assistance within the airport."