Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Tvl Funds Expiring in May being change to June 2021

ckokinda
Explorer C

I have travel funds that still say they expire on May 29, 2020 from a flight I canceled on March 6th?

1) Is someone from SW going to go into everyone's travel account and change the expiration dates?

Or

2) Should I rebook a flight in May using these expiring May funds, then cancel that flight so

it will now show June 2021?  Has anyone seen a expiring date change in their account?

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Tvl Funds Expiring in May being change to June 2021

bec102896
Aviator A

Southwest has said it will take a few weeks to get the expiration dates changed to June 30th. If your trying to book a flight for a date after your funds would expire you could either wait or try reaching out to southwest on twitter or Facebook and maybe they can offer some assistance. 

-Blake

Re: Tvl Funds Expiring in May being change to June 2021

Suegee
Explorer C

I am wondering the same thing. It does say on the website that it will take time for the funds expiration dates to be changed in the system, but I want to travel using those funds later this summer. Hopefully they are working through the updates now.

This is the quote from the COVID info page on the SW website:

"It will take several weeks to implement the expiration extension of unused funds. Once the extension is complete, more information will be provided on how Customers can access and apply their travel funds."