Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

UPCOMING FLIGHT RECEIPT

jbrizzi
Explorer C

Hello,

I have been scouring your website for the receipt to my upcoming flight.  I have searched Google and this community.

I have seen a myriad of complaints that Southwest hasn't updated their site to provide a simple link to view and print a receipt.  It's kind of blowing my mind at how simple the issue and solution is.  

Why hasn't Southwest responded by simply adding this feature to their website?  I mean seriously, it's the most basic thing you can provide.

And, for reference, the steps associated to locating the receipt on your site do not work.  The place you are supposed to go doesn't actually exist on the web page or in the app.

In the meantime, I can't do my expenses for this flight until I have a receipt and never got one via email.  

Please fix and watch the entire community rejoice!

8 REPLIES 8

Re: UPCOMING FLIGHT RECEIPT

dfwskier
Aviator A
Solution

@jbrizzi wrote:

Hello,

I have been scouring your website for the receipt to my upcoming flight.  I have searched Google and this community.

I have seen a myriad of complaints that Southwest hasn't updated their site to provide a simple link to view and print a receipt.  It's kind of blowing my mind at how simple the issue and solution is.  

Why hasn't Southwest responded by simply adding this feature to their website?  I mean seriously, it's the most basic thing you can provide.

And, for reference, the steps associated to locating the receipt on your site do not work.  The place you are supposed to go doesn't actually exist on the web page or in the app.

In the meantime, I can't do my expenses for this flight until I have a receipt and never got one via email.  

Please fix and watch the entire community rejoice!

This was actually "fixed" some time ago.

1) Log on to your Southwest account, then click on m my account

2) Go to the My Trips, Upcoming trips section, and click on the trip in question

3) On the trip page you'll see "change,cancel,resend receipt "on top right of the page

4) Click on resend receipt and it will send the receipt to the e-mail address on file

Don't know if it works the same way with the app, but what I described does work with the website

matt68
Explorer C

I've tried this "solution" and the email I get still shows ZERO payment information. As others have stated, it's amazing Southwest is the only airline/hotel/rental car company etc that makes it this difficult to get a receipt. The originaly email I recieved after booking had no payment information either. 

dfwskier
Aviator A

@matt68 wrote:

I've tried this "solution" and the email I get still shows ZERO payment information. As others have stated, it's amazing Southwest is the only airline/hotel/rental car company etc that makes it this difficult to get a receipt. The originaly email I recieved after booking had no payment information either. 

EVERY e-mail I have ever gotten from the airline has included payment information, and I just tried  the "solution" for a flight I have next month and it showed payment information too.

renegade08
Explorer C

I have followed the directions for getting a receipt for an upcoming trip and all I get sent is an Itinerary with absolutely no cost information. I travel over 100K miles a year with multiple airlines and have never seen such a thing. On most other airlines it is very straightforward. I have spent now 45 minutes and cannot get a resolution

dfwskier
Aviator A

It is easy.

Log o to your southwest account

click on my account

go down to my trips

click on the trip you want

Right below the line that shows your departure and destination airports

are the words "resend receipt"

Click on it and a receipt with itinerary and cost info will be sent to the e-mail address on file

I know t works because I just did the above for a future flight to get what you want. It worked perfectly.

Plaid-Jinx
Explorer C

Well, here we are in 2023 and evidently this is still a problem. There is a "change " button and a "cancel " button, but NOTHING about a receipt! This is the case whether on my phone or on a computer.
I travel mostly for business, and need to submit receipts for reimbursement. How can this be such a problem? Maybe time to fire some web developers?

SoCalFlyer97
Frequent Flyer A

@Plaid-Jinx wrote:

Well, here we are in 2023 and evidently this is still a problem. There is a "change " button and a "cancel " button, but NOTHING about a receipt! This is the case whether on my phone or on a computer.
I travel mostly for business, and need to submit receipts for reimbursement. How can this be such a problem? Maybe time to fire some web developers?

Hello- For your upcoming trips, the link should be there but it is within the Flight Details area.

When you log in to Rapid Rewards and pull up the "My Account" dashboard, you should see your upcoming trips. Above the "Cancel Flight | Change Flight" links should be a light grey "Details" button. Click that to pull up your reservation details. To the right of the Confirmation #, you should see the "Resend receipt" link on the far right. Clicking on that will resend the "You're going to (City)" email with the line item expense details.

SeanF
Explorer C

As other's have pointed out, THIS STILL DOES NOT WORK - Sort of!

"When you log in to Rapid Rewards and pull up the "My Account" dashboard, you should see your upcoming trips. Above the "Cancel Flight | Change Flight" links should be a light grey "Details" button. Click that to pull up your reservation details. To the right of the Confirmation #, you should see the "Resend receipt" link on the far right. "

After you get the email in outlook, save the email to your desktop. Open the email in your web browser and VOILA, the email, with the receipt information is now there. I don't know why outlook blocks the receipt information, but it does.  Found this by accident.

Oh, and opening the email in your browser (the link at the top of the email that outlook sometimes gives you) does not work. You have to save it first, then open it.

This was Outlook desktop and Chrome.