Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: UnHappy with just a CREDIT and NO REFUND, contact information.

AustinRiley
Explorer A

I guess we define "compensated" differently.   Clearly there is motivation for some people to not acknowledge imperfections by Southwest, and they do so very blatantly.   The perks must be good and maybe they are even better if you shame people and mock valid complaints.

AustinRiley_0-1587308663285.png

Matt4202
Adventurer A

Southwest just added the option to exchange travel funds for points. On top of that all travel funds expiring between March and September now have a 2022 expiration.

I “Luv” Southwest, yes there’s some hiccups here and there but overall they’re great.

tborz87
Explorer C

I have always flown Southwest in the past as has my family. However, after the way I am being treated I doubt I will again. I contracted Covid in March, before they knew what it was. I was scheduled to fly for a conference in April but suffered a stroke and now am unable to fly due to the pressure changes. I understood they would not refund my money and asked for a transferable voucher. They had me jump through hoops because it was work related. I have since done everything they have asked. I had both my work and the travel agency call them to state it was ok because I paid for the ticket and was not reimbursed. I have every email and person's name that I spoke to. They stated they could transfer them to rapid reward points and gave me a name and number for assistance. I called. Now they won't change it because they negotiated a new contract and it wasn't approved under that contract. It has been 6 months now that I have been trying to get this changed. I am out of options except to contact a lawyer. In my opinion they have stolen my money and are unwilling to help resolve this. Haven't I paid enough? Anyone have any ideas or know how to help resolve this?

dfwskier
Aviator A

@tborz87 wrote:

I have always flown Southwest in the past as has my family. However, after the way I am being treated I doubt I will again. I contracted Covid in March, before they knew what it was. I was scheduled to fly for a conference in April but suffered a stroke and now am unable to fly due to the pressure changes. I understood they would not refund my money and asked for a transferable voucher. They had me jump through hoops because it was work related. I have since done everything they have asked. I had both my work and the travel agency call them to state it was ok because I paid for the ticket and was not reimbursed. I have every email and person's name that I spoke to. They stated they could transfer them to rapid reward points and gave me a name and number for assistance. I called. Now they won't change it because they negotiated a new contract and it wasn't approved under that contract. It has been 6 months now that I have been trying to get this changed. I am out of options except to contact a lawyer. In my opinion they have stolen my money and are unwilling to help resolve this. Haven't I paid enough? Anyone have any ideas or know how to help resolve this?

Hello. Sorry you are frustrated about the situation.

When you log in to your SW account, and click on my account, the first thing on the ensuing page is a list of your travel funds, and a link to the page where you can convert travel funds into RR points.

Are you not seeing that?