Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Unable to use Flight Credits

Devansh88
Explorer C

Hi,

I am facing an unusual problem with my Southwest Flight Credit, and could not find any other post addressing this issue. 

I have two previous flight credits available (with no expiry date) and visible in my account. But when I am trying to book a new flight, I am getting two different errors on web and mobile app respectively (see attached) - Web specifies the confirmation number and Customer name doesn't match, while mobile app indicates they can't locate the credits. Same issue while using the credit for my wife (who got half the credit for her ticket)

Getting in touch with a person is impossible due to a 1-2 hour wait, and the call getting auto disconnected after 10 minutes. Anyone faced this before and has figured out a solution for the same?

Appreciate you taking out time to read this and thanks in advance!

Southwest Can't use Flight Credits2.png

Screenshot_2023-01-05-00-09-44-42_bda544ec537d76219576230a83bb5942.jpg 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Unable to use Flight Credits

Devansh88
Explorer C
Solution

Hi, 

I was able to figure out what was causing the problem - my middle name. As per my passport, my given name is <first name middle name> but Southwest automatically splits this into first name and middle name, resulting in a mismatch when claiming the flight credits, throwing back Error Code: 400522146. 

Solution is to split your first name and middle name in the booking details, and only use first name and last name while claiming the flight credits. Hope this helps someone else who is facing this challenge!

dfwskier
Aviator A

Thanks for sharing.. It might help others.

Silvervknight
Explorer C

I’m getting the same error code but splitting the compound first name into only part one and removing the second half didn’t solve the answer. As an example, I’ve tried: John Paul as just John or Johnpaul and even Johnp but none of which works. It’s super frustrating since the name needs to match your driver’s license or passport but SW can’t handle a compound name.