Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Unacceptable Flight Change

JamesKCMO
Explorer C

I am livid. Twelve of us purposefully booked a very early flight from Kansas City to Cancun for April 9 because the arrival date IS ONE OF THE DAYS THAT WE ARE PAYING FOR AT THE RESORT. With a 9:50 a.m. arrival time, we would still have time to make a day of it. After all, we have already paid for that day at the resort. But now, SOUTHWEST has arbitrarily changed the flight and we now won't arrive until AFTER 4:00 in the afternoon. This makes me SO angry! There has to be some recourse.

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Unacceptable Flight Change

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Yelling online is fun, but have you called Southwest and kindly asked if there are other options available?  Better yet, you could go online first and see if you can find another flight that you like better, then call and kindly ask to be moved to that flight.  You are allowed a free flight change if Southwest changes your flight.

--TheMiddleSeat

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Depart MCI 6am, arrive CUN 11:15am

Seems like a reasonable option

--TheMiddleSeat

dfwskier
Aviator A

adding to what themiddleseat said, you are allowed to change to a flight up to 14 days before or after your original flight. If there's nothing now, keep checking because people cancel reservations all the time and something might open up.

kasey97
Adventurer C

Southwest is supposed to known about/accommodate your individual vacation plans?  What if the weather turns really bad on your departure day?  Who are you going to be livid at then?  All experienced travelers know these types of things happen and you can't expect your vacation plans to work out seamlessly; and you have to be able to adapt.  If you're this livid for a domestic flight, don't even attempt to fly internationally.

kasey97
Adventurer C

By internationally I mean Europe, Asia, South America, etc etc

jksobonya
Aviator A

Heck 4PM is a great arrival, IMO (I am not an early morning person) and you still get the afternoon/evening, so I'm not seeing too much of a problem with that particular change. Besides, don't most hotels/resorts have checkin times that are between 3-4PM anyway?

Still, - I have you beat - Southwest changed one of my flights which had an original departure of 8:00AM, a 4 hour layover, and arrival at around 4PM, to a departure of *5:30AM*, a *12 hour layover*, and an arrival after 10PM 🤣😂 You'd better believe I used my free change for something a bit more sane ...

--Jessica