Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Unauthorized Flight Changes

E200736
Explorer C

Southwest changed my daughters’ flight from the 10th to the 9th, without our prior consent and authorization. I’ve been on hold for 50 minutes. This is all just ridiculous. Is this horrible customer service normal for southwest?

8 REPLIES 8

Re: Unauthorized Flight Changes

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Flight changes do occasionally need to be made. Find another flight that you would prefer and you will be able to make a change for no charge. You can also send a private message to Southwest via Twitter or Facebook with the request instead of waiting on hold.

--TheMiddleSeat

dfwskier
Aviator A

See my reply t o your other post on the topic.

SWFlyer007
Aviator C

@dfwskier Are you saying that @E200736 is another one of those who feel the need to make more than one post about the same thing???  SMH

dfwskier
Aviator A

@SWFlyer007 wrote:

@dfwskier Are you saying that @E200736 is another one of those who feel the need to make more than one post about the same thing???  SMH

There were two posts on the same topic.

5280Av8r
Frequent Flyer C

I'm sorry that you experienced this. I would agree with the above replies. I would also say that whenever you buy a ticket with any airline, you agree that the flight schedule could change though I've never heard of someone getting changed to a different day. Like others said, you can change your flight for free even to a more expensive flight because they changed it. 

-Andrew

DEN based | Southwest Passenger | Aviation Enthusiast

DEN (CLT) Based | Aviation Enthusiast | Full of Passion for Southwest

dfwskier
Aviator A

Here's the situation the airline was likely in.

1) It could cancel the ticket and issue a refund

2)It could move your daughter to a flight on a different day, preserve the presumably low fare,

and give your daughter the ability to find and change to something better at no cost --or cancel and get a refund.

Those were the two options. Would a cancellation have been a better option - it certainly would have forced your daughter to buy a much more expensive ticket on another airline. 

SWFlyer007
Aviator C

I just took a trip with my family to South Padre Island.  I booked me and my wife together as she is my companion pass.  I booked my son, daughter-in-law, and 3 grandchildren on another itinerary with points.  It comes to my son's attention that they were moved to an entirely different flight, on a different day, and my wife and I weren't.  How that worked I have no idea.  But since we caught it about 4 days before we took off we got us all on the same flights over and back.  Was that irritating, heck, yes, but if it wasn't for having to respond to a post on here, you wouldn't know about it.  Things happen, I don't even have the answer for how this situation happened, just roll with the punches and move forward. 

Unauthorized Flight Changes

SWFlyer007
Aviator C

And another thing, the title is wrong, SWA reserves the right and is authorized, via their policies, to make any flight change they feel are needed or are forced to make.