Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Unhappy with just a Credit and No Refund

Bobbidoll
Explorer C

Covid-19 is not something my husband and I chose.  If we had known that we would be in this situation and that you had no heart, we would have chosen a higher fair.  We are receiving our monies back from a cruise we paid $3800+ for and insurance on that trip of $465+ but you cant refund $673.92.  There were no questions asked when we asked for these monies back.  On top of that you said if we don't use our monies by 03/05/21, we will loose those monies.  Covid is still on the rampage.  Our trip was scheduled for June 2020 and you are only giving us nine(9)months to take a trip.  You tell us "Thank you for your patience and understanding", where is your patience and understanding.  My husband and I are in our seventies(70)with underlying conditions and have no desires to be cooped up in a plan with people who may have you know what.  Sad, Sad, SAD!!!

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Unhappy with just a Credit and No Refund

bwallet
Frequent Flyer A

COVID-19 isn't something that Southwest chose. You chose to purchase non-refundable tickets because they were cheaper. As per the contract that you chose to enter, you get a credit, and Southwest has elected to go beyond their obligation and make that credit valid for much longer than they had to do. Take the credit and plan another vacation. Southwest has done nothing wrong, and you are not being abused. In fact, you are getting a big break because of the unusual nature of the situation.

NicoleAshley
Employee
Employee

@Bobbidoll wrote:

Covid-19 is not something my husband and I chose.  If we had known that we would be in this situation and that you had no heart, we would have chosen a higher fair.  We are receiving our monies back from a cruise we paid $3800+ for and insurance on that trip of $465+ but you cant refund $673.92.  There were no questions asked when we asked for these monies back.  On top of that you said if we don't use our monies by 03/05/21, we will loose those monies.  Covid is still on the rampage.  Our trip was scheduled for June 2020 and you are only giving us nine(9)months to take a trip.  You tell us "Thank you for your patience and understanding", where is your patience and understanding.  My husband and I are in our seventies(70)with underlying conditions and have no desires to be cooped up in a plan with people who may have you know what.  Sad, Sad, SAD!!!

I am so sorry for the disappointment that your funds are not eligible to be refunded, @Bobbidoll, and we understand your concern with traveling. Depending on when you booked, you may have travel funds until 2022. If you are not able to travel by then, you will soon have the option to convert the travel funds to Rapid Rewards points, which can be used to book travel for anyone. As a peer-to-peer support forum, we will not be able to assist with this here, but we encourage you to Contact Customer Relations for questions regarding your specific travel funds. Thank you.

Nicole
Community Manager

elijahbrantley
Aviator A

The option for conversion of Travel Funds to RR points is now live in the My Account section of SW's site.

convert.JPG

See more here: Converting Travel Funds to Rapid Rewards Points 

-A List, Companion Pass holder

Cwilli
Explorer C

Exactly. No heart. I have been dealing with the rudest agents about this! Horrible policies that should be a bit loser during this horrible time. Not something we can help. Good bye southwest!