Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Unused Travel Funds

krismarch
Explorer C

I am new to this so please bear with me. We purchased SW flights to Hawaii for Christmas 2020, but then came contacted covid and had to cancel. Those funds are good until September 23, 2021, however, we won't be able to travel again until November or December 2021. Is there a way to request an extension? Who/where do I call/contact? Thank you for any input because this is confusing.

1 REPLY 1

Re: Unused Travel Funds

bec102896
Aviator A
Solution

Travel funds would need to be booked and traveled by the expiration date. If your not able to use the funds by the expiration date you can Contact Customer Relations and request an extension and on a case by case basis they will issue a voucher however this comes with a $100 fee per travel fund and the voucher would be valid for 6 months from the date of issue. If you have multiple travel funds i would combine them by booking a flight and then cancel it *if you have more than one travel fund (multiple confirmation numbers with your name on them) and need help let me know and i can walk you though how to do this. 

-Blake