Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Using Cancelled Flight Credits

eileenjsimon
Explorer C

I have a list of confirmation numbers, for flights I had to cancel due to a death in the family.  How can I look up those confirmation numbers to see how much credit is in each of them and their expiration dates?

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Using Cancelled Flight Credits

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

eileenjsimon
Explorer C

Thank you.  Can I use travel funds to purchase points or to purchase a gift card, all so that I don't lose the travel funds for which I have already paid?  I have 4 travel fund credits.  If I can't use them all by the end of the year, by which they are expiring, can they be extended by any period of time?

chgoflyer
Aviator A

No, you can only use funds towards air travel (base fare + fees and taxes) for the same passanger(s) as originally ticketed.

Southwest does not extend funds.

Once expired, you can contact Customer Relations and ask that they be reissued as vouchers, minus a $100 fee each. These requests are granted on a case-by-case basis.

Haipham2017
Adventurer B

@chgoflyer wrote:

No, you can only use funds towards air travel (base fare + fees and taxes) for the same passanger(s) as originally ticketed.

Southwest does not extend funds.

Once expired, you can contact Customer Relations and ask that they be reissued as vouchers, minus a $100 fee each. These requests are granted on a case-by-case basis.

In addition, please be careful to use the travel funds together or with gift cards/cash since if you cancel again the expiration date will be the earliest date. I had a bad experience in the past. I used a $5.60 travel fund which expired in May 2017 and ~ $160 voucher which expired in  12/2017 then I had to cancel it due to conflict schedule. Then, my new travel fund ~$160 + 5.60 was expired in May and end up I could not use all of them.