Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Using LUV Voucher

rta1953
Explorer C

Received a LUV voucher for $100 a few days ago because of a delayed flight. Tried to use it this morning when booking another flight but the voucher was not used. The entire cost was charged to my credit card. One thing I noticed. It asked me for a security code. My voucher has a voucher number and a 4-digit confirmation. I assumed the confirmation number was the security code. Why was my voucher not used to pay for part of the cost?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Using LUV Voucher

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

First, since it sounds like you just booked this ticket you might want to cancel the reservation and request a refund. Cancel within 24 hours and you can get a refund back to your credit card. 

Next, it appears that you did not apply the voucher to the purchase. When checking out, under the payment method section there's a blue link for "Southwest gift card, Travel Funds, or Southwest LUV Voucher". If you click that then select the Southwest LUV Voucher tab you can enter the voucher number and security code. The security code should be under the voucher number on the voucher. Then click "Apply vouchers" and you'll see the balance due reduce. Then enter your credit card information to pay the remaining balance.

Hope that helps, reply and let me know how it goes. 

--TheMiddleSeat

Did this or any other comment in the thread answer your question? Please take a moment and click the "Accept as Solution" button on the comments you found most helpful, this will be a big help to any future Community Members who have a similar question!

rta1953
Explorer C

Thanks for the info. Perhaps I didn't click on "Apply vouchers". However, as I stated, my voucher doesn't have a "Security code". It has a "Confirmation" which is a four digit code beneath the voucher number.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@rta1953 wrote:

Thanks for the info. Perhaps I didn't click on "Apply vouchers". However, as I stated, my voucher doesn't have a "Security code". It has a "Confirmation" which is a four digit code beneath the voucher number.

I believe that is the information that will go into the field to verify the voucher. 

Anyway - make sure you cancel your ticket with plenty of time during the "no questions asked" 24-hour period, then get re-booked using the LUV.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.