Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Using Travel Funds assigned to other traveller

ruchivarma
Explorer C

Hi

I had a question. Is there a way to transfer available funds for a confirmation number in someone else's name to my name? My hubby has funds available under his name and I wanted to travel and use those funds instead. Please let me know the ways I can use those funds. Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Using Travel Funds assigned to other traveller

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@ruchivarma wrote:

Hi

I had a question. Is there a way to transfer available funds for a confirmation number in someone else's name to my name? My hubby has funds available under his name and I wanted to travel and use those funds instead. Please let me know the ways I can use those funds. Thanks!

The travel funds are unfortunately only available to the traveler whose name is on the confirmation number.

If your husband would end up not using the travel funds, there is unofficially a pathway to call customer service after they expire an have a travel voucher issued for a fee (currently $100) and then the voucher could be used for any flyer. This won't help you for any short-term travel though, since you have to wait for them to expire before requesting the voucher.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

ruchivarma
Explorer C

thank you for your reply

chgoflyer
Aviator A

Unfortunately, Southwest stopped allowing customers to use travel funds to rebook for anyone back in 2011.

(Ah, I miss the good old days.)