Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Using Travel Funds

johnjohnjohn
Explorer C

so there is no list of my trvel funds? i deleated the emails so if have wasted 100's of dollars? 

chgoflyer
Aviator A
Solution

@johnjohnjohn wrote:

so there is no list of my trvel funds? i deleated the emails so if have wasted 100's of dollars? 

There is no list or bank of funds available in your account. All funds are held individually under the associated confirmation number. If you're unable to recover your emails, you may be able to look at your account history online and check each confirmation number to see if there's a balance here: Check Travel Funds

Keep in mind that funds expire one year from the original date of issue, so it you haven't used a balance it may already be expired. Also, once you apply any funds to a new booking, that booking will take on the earliest expiration date of any funds applied.

mjs447
Explorer C

They make it so difficult to find your unused travel funds.  You need to go to manage reservations and you have to have your confirmation # from the flight you cancelled or changed.  Hopefully you still have that in an email somewhere.  

sarajuarez
Explorer C

Lindsey, I tried using my unused funds towars buying a ticket for a friend of mine and the system gave the an error. If using the funds before the expiration date is the only rule, why was i not able to apply the funds?

JasonG
Explorer C

Travel funds can only be used by the original itinerary, so I ou would be able to use them for a friend or family member.

Chrisk017
Explorer C

I just booked a flight to Fort Myers and paid for it  I forgot to apply the credit I had.  Can I still do that.

Re: Using LUV Voucher

spd
Explorer C

When I booked my flight forgot to redeem a LUV voucher. Can the voucher still be redeemed even after booking and paying for the flight?

Re: Using LUV Voucher

chgoflyer
Aviator A
Solution

Unfortunately, you cannot retroactively add Travel Funds or a Voucher to an existing reservation.

If you've just booked -- within the last 24 hours -- one option would be to cancel, request a full refund, and then rebook, applying the funds or voucher this time. (By law, tickets can be canceled within 24 hours of booking for a full refund.)

If you do this, you'll want to double-check first that the fare you booked is still available, and also make sure that you select "refund" when cancelling (not "hold as funds for future use").

kjl
Explorer C

Can I use my travel funds for a car reservation?

Kristen

franktravel
Aviator B

Hi

Unused ticketless travel funds may only be applied toward the purchase of future travel for the individual named on the ticket.