Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Using cancelled flight funds

franktravel
Aviator B

Dont use cut and paste. check you experation date. If you have a middle initial try with out it. 

Good luck!

jenniferg70
Explorer C

I canceled flights a few months back (for 6/22/19 and 6/29/19). The one I'd purchased w/points got refunded back to my account with points. The others (I'd booked for my husband and 2 children with our SW card) were not "refundable," but I was told by SW agent that the funds would be on our account for future travel. We booked flights for November 2019 recently (with the SW Visa), but I didn't think at the time to look into using those saved funds. Anyone know how to go back and have the new flights credited w/the funds? Thanks in advance!

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

haleykueltzo
Explorer C

Hi there,

I am trying to apply travel funds to a new flight, it expires on September 7th and when I type the information in, it has a red exclamation point with "Cancelled" on the far right side. It says I have a credit of $122.00 from a previous flight that I changed. Please help me resolve this issue so I can use the credit on another flight and my money does not go to waste. 

Thank you, 

Haley K

chgoflyer
Aviator A

@haleykueltzo wrote:

Hi there,

I am trying to apply travel funds to a new flight, it expires on September 7th and when I type the information in, it has a red exclamation point with "Cancelled" on the far right side. It says I have a credit of $122.00 from a previous flight that I changed. Please help me resolve this issue so I can use the credit on another flight and my money does not go to waste. 

Thank you, 

Haley K

Travel must be completed by the expiration date, not just booked.

CliffOnTheRoad
Explorer A

Ran into the same 'problem.' While the cancellation email states "all travel involving funds from this Confirmation Number must be completed by the expiration date."

the travel bank web site does not .

In fact, the TB page, under Important Information, mentions PURCHASE of a new reservation, EXCLUSIVELY and thus IMO is an underhanded way of keeping money by corporate. At least mod the text to include "and travel completed"

chgoflyer
Aviator A

@CliffOnTheRoad wrote:

Ran into the same 'problem.' While the cancellation email states "all travel involving funds from this Confirmation Number must be completed by the expiration date."

the travel bank web site does not .

In fact, the TB page, under Important Information, mentions PURCHASE of a new reservation, EXCLUSIVELY and thus IMO is an underhanded way of keeping money by corporate. At least mod the text to include "and travel completed"

I'm not sure I understand what you're saying.

Unlike some other carriers, Southwest has no "travel bank." Travel funds aren't held in a member's Rapid Rewards account, but rather are held individually under the individual confirmation number(s) of the cancelled/changed flight(s).

The website is pretty clear about travel needing to be completed by the expiration date. Where is the page you're referring to as the "TB page?"

1.png2.png

Re: Using cancelled flig

Jwalsh3rd
Adventurer A

A couple of comments:

For full fare flights I get a credit to my credit card.

If I cancel a flight and do not get a refund  I send myself an email of the cancellation then move it to a personal folder labeled refunds.   I travel a lot so  I get many emails from Southwest Airlines, but few from me and it is easier to find flight funds that way.