Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Using credit for next flight

Deniseerv
Explorer C

If I find my flight has a lower price and I cancel it and get the credit difference can I use the credit to book the next flight even though its the same flight and booked right after the first one was canceled?

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Using credit for next flight

franktravel
Aviator B

Hi 

All you need to do is change the flight not cancel.  You will receive a credit on that conformation number to use one year from the date of purchase of the original ticket.  When you book with points and change your ticket your points go back into your Rapid Rewards account with no expiration date. 

Deniseerv
Explorer C

So I change the flight even though its the same flight? I am new to this and from what I reading thought I had to cancel flight and rebook with the new price. Thanks so much.

franktravel
Aviator B
Solution

Yes!  Then all you do is pick the same flight and it will show that there was a difference in price from what you paid.  Complete the transaction and you now have a credit. 

Deniseerv
Explorer C

Thank so much for the help! Smiley Happy

beej13
Explorer C

I have credit from changing a flight when the price was lowered. Do I need to PURCHASE a ticket withing one year of the original purchase or complete the travel within one year of the original purchase?

chgoflyer
Aviator A

Travel must be completed by the expiration date.