Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Using married name or maiden name?

Ktoledo
Explorer C

This year I am getting married!! We are getting married September 8th and plan to travel to Texas on September 13th. I am unsure if I would be able to board the plane with a temporary drivers license or with my drivers license with my maiden name and also have my marriage license to prove the name change. Or if you just need to book everything in my maiden name?

1 REPLY 1

Re: Using married name or maiden name?

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

My suggestion would be to book everything with your maiden name and worry about changing it afterwards. Then you won’t need to be concerned about the validity of a temporary license and convincing people you are you.  Unfortunately, if you’ve already booked your flights you’ll need to call Southwest and have them change the name unless you booked refundable Anytime or Business Select fares.

--TheMiddleSeat

Did this or any other comment in the thread answer your question? Please take a moment and click the "Accept as Solution" button on the comments you found most helpful, this will be a big help to any future Community Members who have a similar question!