Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Using vouchers & Reservations

Catlater61
Explorer C

After HOURS trying to call and trying to access the website, we made one reservation for all 4 adults.  Technically, SW policies indicate 3 types of payment can be used for reservations.  In that there are 4 adults flying, would assume SW would allow for 3 types of payment for each adult on the flight. However, because I paid for all 4 adult reservations/tickets, the system would not allow me to use more than a few vouchers to pay for the tickets.  This is crazy.  The site penalizes customers if one customer pays for cost of all the 4 tickets in a single reservation by preventing them from using vouchers (3 types of payment) for each of the adults.  This policy is for a one to one relationship and does not take into consideration the number of people who may be flying under a single reservation/confirmation #.

How frustrating is this?  Anyone experiencing the same?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Using vouchers & Reservations

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

It's not clear how many vouchers you were using, but there are ways to combine vouchers, creating a fewer number of travel credits, which then allow you to accomplish your original goal of booking all passengers with the value of the original vouchers. It's a little extra work, but can be done if that's the end result you want.

Sure, it's an occasional nuisance that could probably be handled a little better. I don't know that I would describe it as a "penalty".

--TheMiddleSeat

Catlater61
Explorer C

Appreciate your opinion.  As a long term customer of SW, my opinion is the same-I'm being penalized because I chose to  pay for all 4 tickets under a single reservation.  

Policy is only 3 forms of payment per person. But because one person paid for all 4 tickets, the policy was applied as if it was a ticket for 1 person not 4.  The policy is flawed as is the website which did to recognize there were 4 people/tickets being purchased, not one.  

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@Catlater61 wrote:

Appreciate your opinion.  As a long term customer of SW, my opinion is the same-I'm being penalized because I chose to  pay for all 4 tickets under a single reservation.  

Policy is only 3 forms of payment per person. But because one person paid for all 4 tickets, the policy was applied as if it was a ticket for 1 person not 4.  The policy is flawed as is the website which did to recognize there were 4 people/tickets being purchased, not one.  

I haven't tried to do this myself but what you are describing seems to be a programming problem on the website, the language does clearly state three methods per person. There was another post a while back about someone else having the same issue.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.