Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Vaccination

29951305
New Arrival

I AM LIVID.  I am a longtime A list member with Southwest and have been extremely loyal for 20+ years.

I have 4 trips booked in the next 6 weeks and will be switching to United if at all possible.  This is clearly an irresponsible corporate policy to avoid conflict with Abbott.

Re: Vaccination

dfwskier
Top Contributor

@29951305 wrote:

I AM LIVID.  I am a longtime A list member with Southwest and have been extremely loyal for 20+ years.

I have 4 trips booked in the next 6 weeks and will be switching to United if at all possible.  This is clearly an irresponsible corporate policy to avoid conflict with Abbott.


I presume you will not be using your travel funds, and will let them expire?

 

It's nice of you letting Southwest have your money without providing any service.

Re: Vaccination

HiDawn
Active Member

Maybe now that United Airline and Frontier (and there was a third but I don't remember which) are requiring employees to be vaccinated, Southwest will also comply with what is in everyone's best interest. I'm learning that more and more businesses are requiring employees to be vaccinated against the coronavirus or to be tested regularly. How about taking this a step further? Those anti vaxxers should be held accountable for the choices they make. This means they should pay the cost of the testing AND until the results come back, should not be able to work during which time they should also not be paid.

Re: Vaccination

rselvy
New Arrival

It's a real shame you're so nieve, the vax should be a personal choice, I'm personally autoimmune compromised and the shot WILL kill me like it has so many other people. I personally knew 2 you ladies that died with in 48 hours after receiving the Covid vax! They both flew on an airline to different locations, one went to Aruba and the other to Cancun, ironically they both died from blood clots! 48hours! You call that a coincidence? Well my best friends boss just 47 years old went to the hospital for supposed flu like symptoms two weeks ago fri, they gave him the Covid vax and told him to go home to get better, this poor man only lasted 15 minutes before he too died from the vaxine. These are people in my immediate circle of friends and you tell me it's safe? Well if you read the REAL scientific papers on the vaccine you'll see it is loaded with bad elements, the worst being graphine Oxide which is extremely toxic to anything living....look it up. I could go on and on about why not to take the vax but it's of no value talking to Sheeple who aren't open to the truth. Just don't expect those of us who choose not to take it to stop flying. Actually the people that are vaxxed are more likely to be super spreaders and they danger those of us who chose not to vax. We don't make a scene, instead we take our vitamins and supplements that protect us from the supposed virus and peacefully go our own way, we typically believe in hurd immunity which has been proved to be highly effective. Freedom of choice! Thank you South West Airlines!

Re: Vaccination

NicoleAshley
Employee
Employee

Hi everyone. This thread has gotten heated, and I want to take a moment and encourage everyone to refresh themselves on our Community User Guidelines. We want all Members to feel comfortable sharing thoughts and ideas here, and we ask that you follow the Golden Rule and treat other Community Members the way you would like to be treated. Keep your tone positive and your comments constructive.

 

Additionally, it's important to remember that not all advice is sound advice. While Members and Employees will do their best to help each other out, it is possible for information provided in the Community to be wrong, incomplete, or not applicable to your specific situation. Always apply good judgment and feel free to seek information from other sources.

Nicole
Community Manager

Re: Vaccination

Tigress90
New Arrival

Considering fully vaccinated can still catch and spread covid while being asymptomatic, I am more worried about vaccinated people infecting others then nonvaccinated.

 

Re: Vaccination

chgoflyer
Top Contributor

@Tigress90 wrote:

Considering fully vaccinated can still catch and spread covid while being asymptomatic, I am more worried about vaccinated people infecting others then nonvaccinated.

 


 

So... that's faulty logic.

 

Yes, fully vaccinated people experiencing a breakthrough infection can transmit the disease as easily as the unvaccinated (in that their viral loads are similar).

 

However, breakthrough infections are still quite rare, so your likelihood of encountering a covid-positive vaccinated person is much less than an unvaccinated covid-positive one.

 

 

Re: Vaccination

Tigress90
New Arrival

Then explain why the only people I personally know who have tested positive were vaccinated??  And what I was saying is if you are sick and have symptoms, you more likely to stay home versus someone who has no idea they are infected.  And of course there won't be as many vaccinated people testing positive simply because they are asymptomatic and only testing if needed for work, travel, etc.  So honestly who knows how many of the vaccinated actually have it and are running around spreading the virus.

Re: Vaccination

chgoflyer
Top Contributor

@Tigress90 wrote:

Then explain why the only people I personally know who have tested positive were vaccinated??  And what I was saying is if you are sick and have symptoms, you more likely to stay home versus someone who has no idea they are infected.  And of course there won't be as many vaccinated people testing positive simply because they are asymptomatic and only testing if needed for work, travel, etc.  So honestly who knows how many of the vaccinated actually have it and are running around spreading the virus.


 

The world is much larger than the people you know.

 

Seriously, if you really think the vaccinated present more of a transmission problem than the unvaccinated do, I doubt anything I could say could convince you otherwise, as your reasoning abilities are suspect.

 

Re: Vaccination

Skydiva67
New Arrival

Breakthrough infections are “rare”? What are you smoking?