Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Voucher amount sudden decrease

cramelb
Explorer C

Received a LUV voucher for $200, used $119.89, leaving a balance of $80.11.  Just tried to use the balance, but the SW site says there is a balance of $8.  Have thieves managed to hack LUV vouchers?  Is there a way to have the correct amount re-credited to my voucher or account?

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Voucher amount sudden decrease

dfwskier
Aviator A

Assuming you keep your flight confirmation e-mails, within your e-mail system search for the voucher number.

I once experience what you have experienced.In doing my own search i discovered that I had used part of the voucher a second time - but did not remember doing so.

cramelb
Explorer C

Unfortunately for me, I don't keep Southwest email confirmations because those reservations always show up in the SW app.  It's surprising that the website shows how points and dollar amounts are added or subtracted for reservations and cancellations, but don't do the same with vouchers.

dfwskier
Aviator A

@cramelb wrote:

Unfortunately for me, I don't keep Southwest email confirmations because those reservations always show up in the SW app.  It's surprising that the website shows how points and dollar amounts are added or subtracted for reservations and cancellations, but don't do the same with vouchers.

You could tell SW to resend receipts for all flights since receipt of the voucher.

bec102896
Aviator A

You can always call SW and ask them to tell you when you used the voucher and how much was used each time. They did this for me once when I forgot when a voucher was used. Not all agents will know how to do this so it may take a couple calls until you get an agent who knows how to see luv voucher history