Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Wanna Get Away Cancellation

nana0216
Explorer C

I purchased a Wanna Get Away flight with Southwest points. I may need to cancel the flight last minute. I just wanted to confirm I only have to cancel within 10 minutes of departure to get a refund on my points. 

From https://www.southwest.com/html/air/fare-information.html:

Wanna Get Away
  • Fares are nonrefundable but may be applied toward future travel on Southwest Airlines for the originally ticketed passenger only.
  • Should a passenger fail to apply the nonrefundable ticket toward the purchase of future travel within the eligibility period, the entire amount of the fare, which includes without limitation, all fees, taxes, and charges, will be forfeited.
  • Standby travel requires an upgrade to the Anytime fare.
  • Fares may vary as seats are limited and may not be available on all flights and dates.
  • Limited seating, advance purchase, and other conditions may apply.
  • Fares are subject to change until tickets are purchased and may be available for a limited time only.
  • When combining fares, all rules and restrictions apply.
  • Lower fares may be available.
  • No Show Policy: If you are not planning to travel on any portion of this itinerary, please cancel your reservation at least 10 minutes prior to the scheduled departure of your flight. Customers who fail to cancel reservations for a Wanna Get Away fare segment at least ten (10) minutes prior to travel and who do not board the flight will be considered a no show, and all remaining unused Wanna Get Away funds will be forfeited. All remaining unused Business Select and Anytime funds will be converted to reusable travel funds for the originally ticketed Passenger only. If you no show your reward travel reservation, the points will be redeposited to the purchaser’s Rapid Rewards account. Any taxes and fees associated with your reward travel reservation will be held for future use in the form of reusable travel funds under the name of the traveler(s).

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Wanna Get Away Cancellation

franktravel
Aviator B

Either way. It says, "If you no show your reward travel reservation, the points will be redeposited to the purchaser’s Rapid Rewards account. Any taxes and fees associated with your reward travel reservation will be held for future use." 

reismith
Explorer C

Does anyone know what the Eligibilty Period for applying a postponed ticket is? Are there any fees with a reschedule?

dduffys
Explorer C

The tickets are good for one year from the date that you purchased them.  I had to do the same, so if you look at your confirmation email, they actually put the expiration date in a column next to the ticket number.  Hope that helps.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@reismithwrote:

Does anyone know what the Eligibilty Period for applying a postponed ticket is? Are there any fees with a reschedule?

No change fees. You do pay the current price for a ticket.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

reismith
Explorer C

Do you mean the difference between the postponed ticket and the rescheduled one? What is the rescheduled one is cheaper?

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

If the new flight is cheaper then you'll continue to have the remaining amount of credit available.

When the new flight is more, you'll have to pay the extra above the vlue of the credit.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.