Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Website access

trekkienor
Explorer C

So travellers living outside of North America arE blocked from using your official website. You say that the fault lies in the customer's connection.

If that's true,  why is it that I can access THIS website, as well as the Southwest Vacations website? But as soon as I try to access your offcial website to view flight schedules and to find out about fares, I get the message "Access denied". 

Come on, Southwest Airlines. You are losing a lot of business by shutting out people who live abroad. STOP BEING XENOPHOBIC- FIX THIS MATTER!  

bryc
Explorer C

I am also getting "Access Denied" from Switzerland.  Why is this happening? The post of people complaining about this was in 2016... why is it still happening in March 2018?  

I need to book my summer flights within the USA, but live in Switzerland. Hope there is an easy solution.  Seems very odd. Thanks

dsnow747
Explorer C

I am trying to get on the website to book a flight when I return to the US in a couple of days.  I see people have been having the same denial of service for 2 YEARS or more and somebody says the problem is known and will be solved.

I am an A Lister and can't book a seat on SWA.  Have you become UAL or are you becoming TWA or Pan Am?  Time will tell.  

Adios SWA.  It was a good ride.

frankaguilo
Explorer C

It's September of 2018, more than two years after the first comment on this forum that the southwest website was sending "access denied" messages to customers trying to access the website from outside of the US. Several years ago now, Southwest's replies were all cheerfuly "we're so sorry, but don't worry, we're working very very hard to fix this". Well southwest, I must say I'm dissapointed. Your website is STILL not consistently available from outside the US. Pretty incredible in 2018 I must say. 

KHansen
Explorer C

I cannot access the Southwest website from any computer saying that I cannot access from 

my server. I'm in Hong Kong. I called Southwest & was told it was my computer's problem, so 

I had somebody attempt to fix it. It turns out that the problem is Southwest's website denying

access to overseas locations. This is really a nuisance,and I find it unbelieveable that Southwest is 

not making more of an attempt to fix it. 

chgoflyer
Aviator A

Unfortunately, access for many outside the US has been blocked for nearly a year now. Apparently, Southwest has chosen to prioritize this issue below resolving the many other issues affecting the website as they convert to their new "next generation reservation system." Never known for having great IT, Southwest is in a challenging position at the moment as they strive to upgrade their antiquated systems. It's not going particularly well, but the next few months should indicate whether they'll make it into the modern world intact. 😉

In the meantime, here are some things you can try:

-- Access the website using a proxy server. There are many free ones available online.

-- Try using the Southwest app on your cell carrier's network (not your internet provider).

Good luck!

CCHHS_Support
Explorer C

Good morning.  I am a user in North America and I am getting the "Access Denied" message. Reference #18.13f356b8.1493912949.11138.cb8

Jeanrosenf
Explorer C

Sorry, but Southwest is NOT working hard enough to fix this problem.  I experienced it over 2 years ago in China and I'm experiencing it now in Africa.   I even got a VPNjust to address the situation, but to no avail.

Abd if you think Im going to make a phone call to you from here only to be put on hold for 20 minutes at +$1/minute charges, you are mistaken.  I'll fly The Friedky Skies, thank you!

nhadley
Explorer C

Hi Lindsey, 

Still having the same problem accessing southwest.com from outside the US. Any solution coming soon?

BR, 

Nicholas

payjay
Explorer C

still acces denied...really??? wtf.