Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Website access

sr103
Explorer A

A-list / companion flyer here, and Blocked in Singapore but worked yesterday in Malaysia (10 minutes away)  Will not work on my VPN either.  Made 22 reservations today alone over a very painfully long and expensive phone call...  But, tele reservations is of little help when you can't even search for flights.

Bad deal.

Sad deal

SWA has a very FRAGILE  system.  Their IT should find a competitor  company to disable, not their own Bread and Butter. 

Jsegel
Explorer C

It's ridiculous. I live half the year in Sweden, need to book flights from here and the only way I can do it is to use a VPN that spoofs that I am in the US. No access to Southwest.com from any computer or browser othewise, I get the "server access" error.

Fix it!

ninjasrini
Explorer C

I am unable to access the site from Hong Kong too. Please fix this issue soon! 

helloarlo
Explorer C

Same here in Hong Kong too. But I can get throught the mobile site mobile.southwest.com, either in mobile or PC.

trauha
Explorer C

That the service provider blocks SW is a very conspiratorial theory since SW is the only airline with this problem. How can SW afford to be the only one ruled out of the foreign income flows?

trauha
Explorer C

The app is no solution either since it is incompatible with such common phones as the Samsung S3 for instance. SW seems to want to be a ver *exclusive* airline LOL.

trauha
Explorer C

No solution!!!  I installed the app on another mobile.
Same access denied story.

Is the 800 number free internationally?

trauha
Explorer C

Furthermore, the 800 number is not an option unless you know it.

The way to find out this number is to access the website (**which cannot be accessed DUH**!)

simonwarren2015
Explorer C

I am staggered at Southwest attitude to customer service, over the last 2 weeks I have been trying everything to book some flights on an upcoming business trip to the US....however no chance as "Access Denied" happens everytime. I then came across this thread and see its an old problem. In the interim I have booked the 7 flights with United, American & Delta. Funny as with these companies you can go onto there sites, type in the companies names & up pops a booking website page, they work well, me the customer books the flights, pays with credit card and out pops from my printer a ticket or even more impressively onto my iphone...the technology is amazing. Southwest, I guess you have not captured the entire population as market share, I guess you want to grow your sales & profit, I guess you have room to win more customers and be more successfull...so why dont you fix the problem & you might be surprised with this investment what you might get in increased revenues in return. I live in a planet called Switzerland far away from your HQ but still with the desire to maybe use your services at sometime, but I understand its at your convenience not mine........I can not believe that the CEO of your company might not also think it might make a good idea to fix ACCESS DENIED

rvanderh
Explorer C

Well, if you Google "southwest airlines" at least you get a sidebar on the right that has the 800 number and other basic info.