Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Website access

rvanderh
Explorer C

I am also getting the "access denied" error when I try to get to southwest.com. I need to get to the site to check in online. I am not overseas; I am located in the United States using Charter as my provider. So claiming that access is denied outside the U.S. is not true, at least not for me.

Sad. We've been flying SW for a number of years but this attitude of "yah, we're working on it" makes me think I should never fly SW again. What other major airline, or any major company for that matter, denies access to any users regardless of where they are in the world?

3 REPLIES 3

Website access

JAYS-1971
Explorer C

Accesing to your website in Europe and Mexico is denied.

Is this normal?

I am not the only one, and sincerely speaking SOUTHWEST is loosing the opportunity with international clients. I will not proceed with your suggestion (external IP address) as I have been advised by our IT Deparment not to do so. Please solve the problem from its origin.

Please inform us if you are interested in having international customers like my self.

Best regards

JORGE ALBERTO YARTE SADA

Re: Website access

dfwskier
Aviator A

@JAYS-1971 wrote:

Accesing to your website in Europe and Mexico is denied.

Is this normal?

I am not the only one, and sincerely speaking SOUTHWEST is loosing the opportunity with international clients. I will not proceed with your suggestion (external IP address) as I have been advised by our IT Deparment not to do so. Please solve the problem from its origin.

Please inform us if you are interested in having international customers like my self.

Best regards

JORGE ALBERTO YARTE SADA

Yes, Jorge. This is a well documented issue. You won't get it resolved here becasue this is a customer to customer forum.       

I'd suggest sending the company a complaint via e-mail Details about how to do that are on the top left of the contact us webpage:

https://www.southwest.com/contact-us/contact-us.html?clk=GFOOTER-CUSTOMER-CONTACT-US

Something that has worked for a few others is using the cell phone app -- IN CELL DATA MODE and NOT WI-FI.

Hope that works for you.

Re: Website access SOLVED!

JMBaker
Explorer B

I was having this exact same problem from Sweden for several months. "Access denied. You don't have permission to access http://www.southwest.com... on this server".  It didn't help changing computers, browsers, trying to access it from home or work. Nothing helped. Even the the iPhone App would not work from Sweden.   Until... I started using a VPN on my Macbook, which "tricked" the southwest webservers into thinking I was located in the USA (Atlanta GA).  Now I can access the southwest website without any problems.  

I suggest trying to use a VPN software to get around this problem. Obviously, SW airlines has major problems with their IT systems--having this type of problem for so long should have caused heads to roll in the IT department!  

/Jeff from Stockholm

FYI: I use Avast Security antivirus and VPN on a Macbook pro.  The AntiVirus is free, and the VPN has a 7-day free trial.  www.avast.com.  Give it a try.