Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

ACCESS DENIED

douglas252
Explorer C

"Access Denied. You don't have permission to access "http://www.southwest.com" on this server"

I'm in Denver and not trying to access from out of the country and had the problem for a couple of days. I called Southwest and they referred me to try to fix it from the ISP. I went through a number of suggestions from a number of different links and none of them worked so I went to my "Customize and control Google Chrome button (obviously I'm using Chrome so I'm guessing IE and other browsers work the same) went to my "History" and cleared out everything and, voila, it cleared up my problem. Try that.

Re: ACCESS DENIED

chgoflyer
Aviator A

@douglas252 wrote:

"Access Denied. You don't have permission to access "http://www.southwest.com" on this server"

I'm in Denver and not trying to access from out of the country and had the problem for a couple of days. I called Southwest and they referred me to try to fix it from the ISP. I went through a number of suggestions from a number of different links and none of them worked so I went to my "Customize and control Google Chrome button (obviously I'm using Chrome so I'm guessing IE and other browsers work the same) went to my "History" and cleared out everything and, voila, it cleared up my problem. Try that.

That's a good suggestion for anyone having issues like the ones described while attempting to connect from inside the US. 

For those outside the US, unfortunately access remains blocked. The best options remain using a VPN on proxy server (will web) or, possibly, using the app on your carriers mobile network.

andre_sad
Explorer C

A couple months ago I was able to go onto southwest.com from Brazil and purchase two tickets for a flight between SF and Vegas.

Now when I try to access the website again to check details of the flight or look for more flights I get the same message as everyone else:

Access Denied

You don't have permission to access "http://www.southwest.com/" on this server.

Reference #18.4f2611c9.1545060688.24cb8560

My computer settings haven't changed in the meantime. I've tried to access the company's website from multiple computers, ipad, using their app, but nada. 

Any advice? Calling won't do because I need to browse their page. 

chgoflyer
Aviator A

@andre_sad wrote:

A couple months ago I was able to go onto southwest.com from Brazil and purchase two tickets for a flight between SF and Vegas.

Now when I try to access the website again to check details of the flight or look for more flights I get the same message as everyone else:

Access Denied

You don't have permission to access "http://www.southwest.com/" on this server.

Reference #18.4f2611c9.1545060688.24cb8560

My computer settings haven't changed in the meantime. I've tried to access the company's website from multiple computers, ipad, using their app, but nada. 

Any advice? Calling won't do because I need to browse their page. 

The only advice is that which has already been posted here: Using a VPN on proxy server (via web) or, possibly, using the app on your carriers mobile network.

MarkHursh
Employee
Employee
Solution

We launched improvements to southwest.com and our apps in March regarding this issue.  This should reduce the number of access denied errors.  Though, there are still cases where you may continue to see this notice. We are now seeing traffic restored from countries that were previously unable to access our digital experiences.   Please give us another try now.  Thank you all for your patience in this matter!

Mark Hursh

Director, Digital Platforms 

dfwskier
Aviator A

Thanks  for the fix Mark. Yes, this has been a topic of considerable conversation / concern in the past.

yuhuanlin
Explorer C

Hi Sir,

I still have this problem,

I was traveling to Taipei, and cannot get access to the web.

Could you open this access for this country?

Thank you

David

chgoflyer
Aviator A

Have you tried multiple browsers, and/or clearing your cookies/cache on your end? We've been told that Southwest now allows access from other countries outside of the United States. This is however a recent development, and perhaps there are still countries which are actively blocked. Perhaps someone official from Southwest will be along to clarify.

In the interim, you might want to try using a proxy server to connect to the website. Also, if you wish to contact Southwest officially you will need to do so using any of the contact options shown below. This is actually a customer to customer forum.

Good luck!

TerryB
Explorer C

.........3 years later, same problem. Not accessible from Taiwan. Doesn't work from Korea either. I personally blame Southwest for making me fly United for the past six trips to the US.  

Customer service has assured me that I can call a 1-800 number for reservations but without access to the webpage, it's impossible to compare itineraries and/or prices, not to mention these 'toll-free' calls are not toll free from outside the US.

Yes, I've tried multiple browsers, multiple servers, clearing cookies, etc. 

dfwskier
Aviator A

@TerryB wrote:

.........3 years later, same problem. Not accessible from Taiwan. Doesn't work from Korea either. I personally blame Southwest for making me fly United for the past six trips to the US.  

Customer service has assured me that I can call a 1-800 number for reservations but without access to the webpage, it's impossible to compare itineraries and/or prices, not to mention these 'toll-free' calls are not toll free from outside the US.

Yes, I've tried multiple browsers, multiple servers, clearing cookies, etc. 

Have you tried the cell app IN CELL DATA MODE and not Wifi. Aceessing the webpage via VPN might be another way. These techniques have worked for others in the past.