Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: What Southwest are y'all flying?

chgoflyer
Aviator A

@rrkman wrote:

Glad to see some are having luck with Southwest, I am not.  Just went through a twitter conversation about a flight THEY cancelled and my only option is future credit.  Will try calling early next week but doesn't look good.  Didn't want to bring credit card company into it but might have to.  Not sure how a company can sell you something, not give it to you, then tell you to use the money to but something else because you aren't getting a refund.

If you're not getting anywhere, insist on a full refund and cite the DOT guidance, including the recent enforcement notice. If still denied, file a DOT Consumer Complaint and dispute the transaction with your credit card issuer.

dfwskier
Aviator A

SWDigits
Aviator A

@rrkman wrote:

Glad to see some are having luck with Southwest, I am not.  Just went through a twitter conversation about a flight THEY cancelled and my only option is future credit.  Will try calling early next week but doesn't look good.  Didn't want to bring credit card company into it but might have to.  Not sure how a company can sell you something, not give it to you, then tell you to use the money to but something else because you aren't getting a refund.

@NicoleAshley 

Customer | Home airport DCA

NicoleAshley
Employee
Employee
Solution

@rrkman wrote:

Hi @rrkman, If Southwest cancelled your flight, you're entitled to a refund, and I regret any miscommunication. Please reach out to Customer Relations for assistance by phone at 

1-855-234-4654, Twitter @SouthwestAir, or on Facebook for the speediest assistance. 
Nicole
Community Manager

rrkman
Explorer C

Thank you Nicole.  After talking to Miriam and Alice through twitter DM, and being told by both that my only option was future credit, I was able to talk to William who took care of it and issued refunds for the cancelled flight.

Thanks again,

Randy