Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

What Time Do Tickets Go On Sale

Baltodave
Explorer C

According the the website, SWA will post schedules on May 31 for flights scheduled until January 6, 2019.  My question is does anyone know what time in the morning of May 31, we'll see the schedules (and we can purchase tickets)?

4 REPLIES 4

Re: What Time Do Tickets Go On Sale

chgoflyer
Aviator A

It's not a set time... the schedule update populates through the system overnight. Generally, the new dates are fully available to book around 5am CST, but there's no guarantee.

Be aware that schedule release days are often also technical issue & website error days, and that phone lines will have very long wait times. 😉

bec102896
Aviator A

As @chgoflyer said it is not a set time but I have seen some releases overnight/early morning and other times where it's at noon. The best thing I can suggest is to check the website in the early morning then at noon central time if it was not available in the early morning 

hope this helps 

Blake 

purcitron
Explorer C

do you know where on the SW website it shows that 5/31/19 is the date on which flights will be released? thanks!

SWDigits
Aviator A
Solution

@purcitron wrote:

do you know where on the SW website it shows that 5/31/19 is the date on which flights will be released? thanks!

Here is the page:

https://www.southwest.com/air/flight-schedules/index.html

Current wording states: "We are currently accepting air reservations through November 2, 2019. On May 23, 2019 we will open our schedule for sale through January 5, 2020. This date is subject to change! Please check back frequently."

Customer | Home airport DCA