Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: What’s up with Southwest’s Re-Routing recently???

dfwskier
Aviator A

@bec102896 wrote:

@

Unfortunately I don't think it will help with tier status because it's based on a one way flight including connections. The only way you could get multiple credits towards tier status is if your flight was booked point to point or if you book one way flights for each segment. 

Yup. A one way non stop ticket provides one flight credit.

The same routing that is multi stop  with 4 plane changes provides one flight credit.

rpoplin
Adventurer C

I've had 8 trips canceled and 3 rescheduled. It's no biggie since they make it right by allowing you 14 days either direction (departure or return) to rebook at no cost. I've spoken to agents many times and they all say the same thing "Demand for flights aren't there, so they are removing flights and the computer is rebooking passengers." They always offer me a refund and are very accommodating to rebook me on different flights, nearby towns or different days at my request. I for one am impressed with SW and how accommodating they are. I have family members who booked with American Airlines and they will rebook you but you pay the difference, SW doesn't.

chgoflyer
Aviator A

Southwest has never been known for robust IT, so these sometimes insane routings can't come as too big a surprise. They've cut flights down to almost nothing, so its amazing to me that they're even able to make some city pairs work at all. (And, apparently they actually can't.) Unfortunately, until demand increases, flying is going to be a very big challenge -- for a number of reasons.

dfwskier
Aviator A

Well, I've been lucky. Most of my flights are DAL/MDW, DAL/DEN or MDW/DEN.

All flights that have been rebooked replaced a nonstop flight with another non stop flight.

chgoflyer
Aviator A

I suspect access to the larger "hubs" is less disrupted.