Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Wheelchair was denied access to on plane storage due to FA personal belongings in WC compartment.

Radioqueen69
Explorer C

Oct. 31st. 2022. Our flight was from MDW to MCO. I was told there was NO wheelchair (WC) compartment on the plane. I argues as I use it all the time. I continued that I was going to use it. They continued with NO, it's occupied. I wanted to see it. The C - FA had her personal belongings in there and she refused to move them.  I requested a manager to file a ADA complaint. She began SHOUTING at me, "I'm doing this for you!" When I commented, "Ma'am its for my ..." She continued loudly with, "I don't want to hear ANYTHING from you! " while slamming the door and continued through the flight slamming it! This is ONE of THREE times in the last 4 flights that I've experienced problems with using my WC. Southwest is responding to me with passive blanket apologies and telling me its and internal issue they will handle. She stated she will file a report(s). They have said that before and I haven't seen any reports and am still having problems. I filed a report with the DOT today. Does anyone have any other suggestions? Southwest Airlines Wheelchair Picture.jpg

1 REPLY 1

Re: Wheelchair was denied access to on plane storage due to FA personal belongings in WC compartment

dfwskier
Aviator A
Solution

Yup, you could file a written complaint with the airline

TO do so click on "contact us" below and pick the e-mail option.

Sorry to hear this happened to you.