Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

When do you guys think it will be safe to travel again?

Biancanoel177
Explorer C

Kind of a general question, I know. But I just wanted some opinions from people who have also had to cancel their flights and have to reschedule

4 REPLIES 4

Re: When do you guys think it will be safe to travel again?

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

One frequent poster flew today, had a full flight, so many people think it's safe to fly now. I'd love to go somewhere, but nothing I want to do is open. 

--TheMiddleSeat

chgoflyer
Aviator A

@Biancanoel177 wrote:

Kind of a general question, I know. But I just wanted some opinions from people who have also had to cancel their flights and have to reschedule

No one knows. But until it's clear that social distancing is working (likely over the next few weeks, hopefully) elective travel remains unadvisable, and irresponsible.

jksobonya
Aviator A

It's safe to travel now, airports are open and planes are infinitely safer than cars. Good luck with your future travels 🙂 

--Jessica

DancingDavidE
Aviator A
Solution

@Biancanoel177 wrote:

Your personal habits have a lot to do with the safety. Diligence with handwashing, disinfectant, not touching your face, all have a huge impact.

The airplane itself has many features to provide filtered clean air. 

There is some chance to have contact with infected individuals on the plane, in the airport, or any other activity you do out of your own space so as @chgoflyer mentioned social distancing is recommended for all activities, not just air travel. 

If I did need to fly I would, and I’d be taking the same extended precautions as when I eventually have to restock food and household supplies.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.