Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

When to book flying July 8 2018

anamerty
Explorer B

will be going from seatac in seattle to Las Vegas.Im already lookin.I had seen a price for $94 each way .Now its $94 one way and $145 back.Do these prices change often, or is there a time that more flights  get released by the airlines?Am I looking too early? 

2 REPLIES 2

Re: When to book flying July 8 2018

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

No additional flights will be scheduled by Southwest now that they have released their schedule for those dates.  You can book the flights now and if you see the price go down you can rebook the tickets at the lower price.  The savings will be refunded to you as travel funds that you can apply towards another flight that must be completed within one year of the original purchase.  Prices fluctuate all the time so it's not possible to say if prices will go down, up, or stay the same.  Sometimes early bookings save you a lot of money, sometimes prices start out higher than usual.  If you think the price is acceptable now I recommend you purchase now and just keep an eye on it to see if it goes down.

Re: When to book flying July 8 2018

anamerty
Explorer B

just after I posted this i checked again and price had gone up from $94 to $122.We only fly once a year and to Vegas but have always used Alaska Air.So swa would be our first time.There wouldnt be any reason to get a voucher if the price goes down because we wouldnt use it.Its too bad