Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Why can't Southwest Process PayPal payments?

username310
Explorer C

Every time I go make a payment using PayPal, when the final ticketing is in process of being finalized on the SW website, the error message appears to call the sales number .

This has been happening for TWO years at least based on board postings .

C'mon Southwest , it's the 21st century .

Get your act together & quit blaming your business partners & your customers!

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Why can't Southwest Process PayPal payments?

bec102896
Aviator A

Sorry you are having issues using PayPal to pay for southwest tickets 

i have used PayPal to pay for tickets multiple times without issue in the past few months

are you using the full website on a computer? If so have you tried using a different web browser? It's also important to note you can't use PayPal on the mobile app or mobile site. 

Hope this helps 

Blake 

username310
Explorer C

Blake thanks for the suggestions!

I work in IT so all of your ideas were troubleshooting 101 stuff .

Unfortunately, SWA has no inclination to fix this as shown by a simple search on ''Paypal" in this site. 

I ended up buying a ticket with American which cost $50 more but I figured after wasting about 2 days  of my time to get SWA to fix this, it was well worth it not to have to deal with SWA's lack of customer service or willingness to retain my patronage .

Most damning thing is that PayPal works on American so LOL@SWA .

bec102896
Aviator A

You could always use a debit or credit card since that's usually what's hooked up to a lot of people's PayPal accounts anyways. 

sorry you had issues and that i couldn't help maybe try to try to reach out to customer relations at 855-234-4654 or email southwest by clicking on the contact us link on the bottom of the homepage so they could try to fix it for a future flight booking. 

Blake

username310
Explorer C

Blake - everyone manages their financial relationship differently.

But at the end of the day failure to execute is why Southwest is just another airline these days & one that I will gladly not travel on.

ps - that 4654 number is a joke.